Interesting stuff from the Lions new OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting stuff from the Lions new OC

Jim Colletto had a press conference to explain the new Lions offensive plans without Mike Martz. I won't bore you all with the entire article, but here were some key interesting points:

The Lions will have a more balanced offensive attack (no-brainer).

Their O-Line is better than everybody thinks. Part of the problem, he says is that Martz insisted on a 7 step drop which puts too much burden on the tackles. They will put in more 3 and 5 step drops for quicker passes and less time needed for protection.

In Martz's system, Kitna was not allowed to audible. The adjustments are "built in". This will change. Kitna will have more decision making ability next year.

They will keep the same system but simplify it, so that young player like Calvin Johnson and other new players can learn it quickly.

Calvin Johnson will be a bigger part of the offense (another no-brainer).

Should I buy super bowl tickets yet?

Sounds promising but I'd want to see results first.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Well results are probably never going to come overnight with a new system and quite frankly the talent isn't "spread out" offensively.

Anyone think they won't go LT now in the draft?
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Their offensive line isn't that big of a problem with Jonathan Scott coming back. Defense must improve.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
          Well results are probably never going to come overnight with a new system and quite frankly the talent isn't "spread out" offensively.

Anyone think they won't go LT now in the draft?
          Same system Matt, just using it differently. I'm betting that they won't go LT, all defense in the first 3 rounds, unless they get lucky in FA.

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
            Jim Colletto had a press conference to explain the new Lions offensive plans without Mike Martz. I won't bore you all with the entire article, but here were some key interesting points:

The Lions will have a more balanced offensive attack (no-brainer).

Their O-Line is better than everybody thinks. Part of the problem, he says is that Martz insisted on a 7 step drop which puts too much burden on the tackles. They will put in more 3 and 5 step drops for quicker passes and less time needed for protection.

In Martz's system, Kitna was not allowed to audible. The adjustments are "built in". This will change. Kitna will have more decision making ability next year.

They will keep the same system but simplify it, so that young player like Calvin Johnson and other new players can learn it quickly.

Calvin Johnson will be a bigger part of the offense (another no-brainer).

Should I buy super bowl tickets yet?
            Same with BUF last year. that pissed me off when I read the SF wound't let his QB audible, I'm glade he is gone.

Comment

Working...
            X