We're Doomed! Bill Callahan is Jets Asst. Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Doomed! Bill Callahan is Jets Asst. Coach

Bill Callahan, fired as coach at Nebraska after last season, was hired Friday as assistant head coach/offence by the New York Jets. Callahan, who coached the Oakland Raiders to the 2002 AFC championship before they lost to Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl, has 31 years coaching experience, including nine in the NFL. "Bill brings valuable experience as an assistant coach and head coach on both the college and NFL levels," Jets coach Eric Mangini said. "His expertise with the running game and with protections will be a big asset. I look forward to adding him to our staff."

Source: Associated Press

He took the Nebraska program to the ground for goodness sake Mangini!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:
    Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the AFC East!
    Not changing this sig until the New York Jets win the Super Bowl!
    Not changing this sig until my username changes to Jets20196!
    Not changing this sig until Manchester United goes back to the Champions League!

lol, I'm happy

Comment

have fun missing the playoffs the next 10 years.

Comment

Callahan was pretty good as an O-Coor under Gruden...maybe he just needs to be an assistant head coach.

I love Mangini...the Jets are in safe hands with him.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I too like this hire. Just because he couldn't cut it as a head coach doesn't make him a bad offensive coach (I knew they were looking at him and I thought it was mainly to make him the offensive line coach Tony Wise sucked balls!). Hopefully he teaches D'Brick and some of the new guys (hopefully) better technique.
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Working...
          X