Top 5 Surprises/Disappointments of 2007 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 Surprises/Disappointments of 2007 Season

I'd be interested to hear the input of the forum on this, here are mine, in no particular order. I know we did one a few weeks ago with the downs.

Surprises
    1. Randy Moss. I figured he would do better in NE, but breaking Rice's TD record was special.
    2. Joe Thomas/Derek Anderson. Cleveland just missed the playoffs, but who had them winning more than 4 games this season?
    3. Ronnie Brown. The only bright spot (until his injury) in an otherwise stormy Miami season.
    4. Eli Manning and the G-Men. No late season curse for them. They finished strong and took it into the playoffs.
    5. Antonio Cromartie. Whenever I get to watch a Chargers game this guy seems to do something amazing. That pick against the Colts in the regular season, climbing the ladder and extending with one arm, pulling it out of the air, was special. And don't forget the 109 10 inch yard TD return from a missed FG.

Disappointments
    1. Chicago. The superbowl hangover continues, but this came as a real surprise for the team that many thought would be stronger than last season.
    2. Shaun Alexander. Stick a fork in him, he's done.
    3. New Orleans. They started what 0-4. Forget the talk of a late season run to the playoffs, with injuries to McAllister and Bush (late), they underperformed.
    4. Nate Clements, big money, pathetic performance.
    5. Bobby Petrino.

How can you be disappointed in Petrino...his whole career is about taking interviews when he always has a job. I guarantee that he will be out of Arkansas in 3 years or less and probably go to a weaker conference where he can win to boost his own morale.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Here are my top/bottom 5:

1. Brett Favre: Played the game the way a QB should...not gunslinger type but manage the game and run it the way a WCO QB should.

2. Patriots: 16-0...would be #1 if not for Spygate

3. Brownies: My dad is a Browns fan...I love their unis and their fans deserved this team to play well this year for so many reasons. Joe Thomas got absolutely screwed over for OROY. I still think Derek Anderson threw the Cincinnati game that all but would have put them in the playoffs.

4. Adrian Peterson: I thought he would be great...but not this great. His play was anemic at the end of the season so he needs to be a more consistent player next year.

5. Mario Williams proving idiots wrong: I said when he was sign by the Texans the night before the draft that Charlie Casserly was a genius. Still was a great pick...I thought they should have gone with D'Brickashaw, but I didn't argue their selection one bit. Anyone that thought Reggie Bush was a god, please take a look at Darren McFadden and ask yourself if he is worth a top 5 pick.

Bottom 5
      5. Reggie Bush: I questioned his inability to run between the tackles, but after his rookie season I still thought he would a big time contributor.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: Everything was off for them offensively, and that is disappointing when you consider how good their OL is.

3. Eagles in first half of season: I thought this team could win their division...so many places to blame and it cost them a Wild Card.

2. Sean Taylor's death: really sad especially when he was becoming a great person and a potential HOFer.

1. Arthur Blank: He's mishandled everything in Atlanta. Horrible hire in Petrino, someone you can not rely upon. Trusted Michael Vick. Then he goes and talks to another college coach. He's got all the class in the world, but he just doesn't know how to run an NFL franchise.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Hmm, I thihk I would put Ryan Grant on a surprise list.
        Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Nate Clemens wasn't worth 80 mil, and that's painfully obvious. That said, he is still one of the top corners in the NFL, and he only has one weakness.

SURPRISES:
          1. Pats - Spygate be damned, they're 17-0
          2. Brett Farve - Carried GB to the playoffs
          3. Derek Anderson - Came out of nowhere, but was it a contract-year thing?
          4. AD - He split time with Chester Taylor and still led the NFC in rushing.
          5. Ryan Grant - Brett Farve carried GB to the playoffs, but Grant has made them a super-bowl contender.

DISAPPOINTMENTS:
          1. Sean Taylor's death - A tragic occurrence that will hopefully help people realize we need better gun contol.
          2. The Atlanta Falcons Fiasco - From Vick to Bobby Petrino, this team was a mess and may take 5 or 10 years to fully rebuild.
          3. New Orleans - After their improbable run, New Orleans looked poised to go to the Super Bowl, but they fell apart down the stretch.
          4. Miami - No one said they were going to be good, but man were they bad.
          5. Chicago - Granted their division suddenly became pretty good, but they still had a very underwhelming season
          Honorable Mention: SF 49ers - This was supposed to be our breakout year, but injuries, poor coaching, and horrible personal decisions doomed us.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            Here are my top/bottom 5:

1. Brett Favre: Played the game the way a QB should...not gunslinger type but manage the game and run it the way a WCO QB should.

2. Patriots: 16-0...would be #1 if not for Spygate

3. Brownies: My dad is a Browns fan...I love their unis and their fans deserved this team to play well this year for so many reasons. Joe Thomas got absolutely screwed over for OROY. I still think Derek Anderson threw the Cincinnati game that all but would have put them in the playoffs.

4. Adrian Peterson: I thought he would be great...but not this great. His play was anemic at the end of the season so he needs to be a more consistent player next year.

5. Mario Williams proving idiots wrong: I said when he was sign by the Texans the night before the draft that Charlie Casserly was a genius. Still was a great pick...I thought they should have gone with D'Brickashaw, but I didn't argue their selection one bit. Anyone that thought Reggie Bush was a god, please take a look at Darren McFadden and ask yourself if he is worth a top 5 pick.

Bottom 5
            5. Reggie Bush: I questioned his inability to run between the tackles, but after his rookie season I still thought he would a big time contributor.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: Everything was off for them offensively, and that is disappointing when you consider how good their OL is.
            3. Eagles in first half of season: I thought this team could win their division...so many places to blame and it cost them a Wild Card.

2. Sean Taylor's death: really sad especially when he was becoming a great person and a potential HOFer.

1. Arthur Blank: He's mishandled everything in Atlanta. Horrible hire in Petrino, someone you can not rely upon. Trusted Michael Vick. Then he goes and talks to another college coach. He's got all the class in the world, but he just doesn't know how to run an NFL franchise.
            Not really when you consider how injured and ****ed up it was.
            Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

1. curt menefee doesn't suck too bad.
              2. James Jones? Who the hell is James Jones?
              3. I knew the Bears weren't that good, but it sure was nice to see them tank it.
              4. Atari Bigby. Wow that guy can hit.
              5. Ryan Grant. Maybe I should just go down most of the Packers roster for this list.

1. San Fran. Really, you shouldn't have been THAT bad.
              2. Collinsworth and Gumbel. ugh.
              3. Brett Favre's record breaking TD didn't go to Donald Driver. seriously, maybe I'm reaching a bit for this one.
              4. Priest Holmes had to retire again. I really liked that guy.
              5. Collinsworth and Gumbel. seriously. wow. bad.

Comment

Working...
              X