Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter
    replied
    Not too sure about that. Michigan's defense sucks. App. State wouldn't win all those times, but they would score as much as they did last Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    App. St. was the better team that day. But I guarantee you Walter if this game was played another 9 times that Michigan would win at least 8 of those.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    So...if Kentucky beat say USC then that means Kentucky should be ranked ahead of USC?

Illogical.
    You can't throw out a statement like that... The question is HOW did Kentucky beat USC?

App. State had just as many penalties and more turnovers than Michigan. Their yardage totals were the same. This wasn't a fluke. App St. didn't get a lot of crazy turnovers. Michigan defensive backs didn't fall down. The Wolverines were outplayed by the better team. App. St. has won 15 games in a row.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    So...if Kentucky beat say USC then that means Kentucky should be ranked ahead of USC?

Illogical.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Michigan isn't ranked in the AP or USA Today Polls either.

But I think they are still a top 20 team.

Walter, how do u drop Michigan so much in ur rankings if they lost to such a great team (top 15) like Appalachain State?

If App. State sucked then Michigan should fall a lot. But if App. State is good then Michigan shouldn't fall that much since they lost to such a good team. Right?
    Well, I have App. State No. 15 and Michigan No. 18. Given that the Wolverines lost to them on a blocked field goal, I think it's fair to rank them three spots below.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
    How did Penn State move up so much? and Michigan should be ranked... they're not even in the next 10?
    I had Penn State higher than the "real" polls to begin with.

And Michigan is ranked. Check again.

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    That team up north is still a good team (everyone knows that) but they must drop because they got a L. They still should be top 15/20, but I hate that team up north so them not in the top 25 is great!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Michigan isn't ranked in the AP or USA Today Polls either.

But I think they are still a top 20 team.

Walter, how do u drop Michigan so much in ur rankings if they lost to such a great team (top 15) like Appalachain State?

If App. State sucked then Michigan should fall a lot. But if App. State is good then Michigan shouldn't fall that much since they lost to such a good team. Right?

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    How did Penn State move up so much? and Michigan should be ranked... they're not even in the next 10?

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    Originally posted by Walter View Post
    Losing QBs, RBs and WRs is MUCH more important than losing defensive players. Especially QBs. Look at Notre Dame.
    Yea but who else did they have but Quinn?

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Originally posted by bills_red View Post
    "Troy Smith, Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzalez are all gone."

So was AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, Ashton Youboty, Anthony Schlagel, Santonio Holmes, Donte Whitner, Rob Sims, Nick Mangold and someother players that started and we still had a good season.

I'm not saying 12-0 or whatever but still a good season with 2/3 L's.
    Losing QBs, RBs and WRs is MUCH more important than losing defensive players. Especially QBs. Look at Notre Dame.

Leave a comment:

• wearepsu440
    replied
    I HATE michigan but I really have to agree with them still being ranked. It is unacceptable for a D-1 team to lose to a subdivision team, or whatever it is now called, but Michigan is still a good team. The biggest part of the game that I saw about Michigans team is that if Chad Henne gets pressured a little bit he is an awful QB and that is why they wouldnt have won a NC even if they beat App st.

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    "Troy Smith, Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzalez are all gone."

So was AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, Ashton Youboty, Anthony Schlagel, Santonio Holmes, Donte Whitner, Rob Sims, Nick Mangold and someother players that started and we still had a good season.

I'm not saying 12-0 or whatever but still a good season with 2/3 L's.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    started a topic College Football Top 25 Rankings

College Football Top 25 Rankings

http://walterfootball.com/top25.php
Working...
X