• Show
Clear All

• bulldog0123
    replied
    he only has one sack

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I haven't seen him play much this season to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• bulldog0123
    replied
    why isnt he on your guy's list? and when do you project him?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    A junior that committed, suprisingly.

Really surprised he had Guion rated that high.

Leave a comment:

• bulldog0123
    replied
    in mayocks top 5 dt's who is letroy guion?

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Mayock absoulutely GRILLED Charles Davis (like he deserves...I've hated this guy since the Sugar Bowl and he made the Hawaii program look like Ohio State)...

"One thing about a Michigan quarterback, they tend to deliver and have long careers in the NFL. If you sit there and think about it and look at the guys that are playing, Tom Brady, obviously we know about him as a 6th round choice. Scott Dreisbach had a nice career in the NFL. Brian Griese was a guy who came in as a walk-on and turned out to be that kind of guy. The reason I mention it is that "smarts" is a big part of that, Mike said it, 4 year starter. He was one of only 3 guys in Michigan history to start 4 opening days. The other 2? John Navarre who had an NFL career and guy by the name of Rick Leech who was Bo Schembechlar's favorite QB during his tenure there."

Mike Mayock (in a very serious tone): "John Navarre, there is some heavy feed there. And don't forget Drew Henson."

He then gives the host a look like, "Tell Davis to shut the **** up."

I absoulutely loved this. Charles Davis finally got owned for talking about a bunch of dumb, non-important jibber jabber. Mayock talks football, Davis talks off-field stuff that doesn't even matter. I looked online to find stuff about guys like Dreisbach (I had to google him many times to get his name right) and Leach who I have never heard of before. Dreisbach played for 3 teams in the NFL (Raiders, Lions, Bills), but NEVER THREW A PASS!

How can never throwing a pass in the NFL and making the bare minimum equate to a "good NFL career." Leach never played in the NFL period...yeah some QB. Basically Jason White.

Charles Davis is a joke. How does he have a job?

Mike also said (about Drew Henson)
    "Couldn't thorw a curve ball or a out route."

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Yeah I forgot about Ainge...like I said in my blog we have a very underappreciated group of quarterbacks. The first 3 tiers are very very strong and a deep class.

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Yeah I was shocked he had Henne so high on his list.

Mike isn't a bandwagon guy, he was high on Ryan before the season started and had him as his #1 guy.

I don't buy into the Henne hype because he was so inconsistent at Michigan with a strong supporting cast. He is a 3rd round pick in my opinion.

Here is my top 5:

1. Andre' Woodson
    2. Matt Ryan
    3. Brian Brohm
    4. Joe Flacco
    5. John David Booty
    Mine, for those who care (so 1 maybe)

1.Matt Ryan
    2.Andre' Woodson
    3.Brian Brohm
    4.Joe Flacco
    5.Erik Ainge

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by bills_red View Post
    Mike QB's
    1.Matt Ryan
    2.Chad Henne
    3.Brian B.
    4.Andre Woodson
    5.Joe Flecco (sp?)
    Yeah I was shocked he had Henne so high on his list.

Mike isn't a bandwagon guy, he was high on Ryan before the season started and had him as his #1 guy.

I don't buy into the Henne hype because he was so inconsistent at Michigan with a strong supporting cast. He is a 3rd round pick in my opinion.

Here is my top 5:

1. Andre' Woodson
    2. Matt Ryan
    3. Brian Brohm
    4. Joe Flacco
    5. John David Booty

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    In a few weeks (maybe a month or more) I am going to talk about the best football commentators/analysts. I just can't wait for that blog post. Charles Davis is a joke and I am going to remember "Scott Dreisbach had a good NFL career."

I might even write one whole blog post about how bad Charles Davis is.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Yeah...something like can't hit a curve or something but I left that out.

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    Didn't he say something about Henson and baseball?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Mayock absoulutely GRILLED Charles Davis (like he deserves...I've hated this guy since the Sugar Bowl and he made the Hawaii program look like Ohio State)...

"One thing about a Michigan quarterback, they tend to deliver and have long careers in the NFL. If you sit there and think about it and look at the guys that are playing, Tom Brady, obviously we know about him as a 6th round choice. Scott Dreisbach had a nice career in the NFL. Brian Griese was a guy who came in as a walk-on and turned out to be that kind of guy. The reason I mention it is that "smarts" is a big part of that, Mike said it, 4 year starter. He was one of only 3 guys in Michigan history to start 4 opening days. The other 2? John Navarre who had an NFL career and guy by the name of Rick Leech who was Bo Schembechlar's favorite QB during his tenure there."

Mike Mayock (in a very serious tone): "John Navarre, there is some heavy feed there. And don't forget Drew Henson."

He then gives the host a look like, "Tell Davis to shut the **** up."

I absoulutely loved this. Charles Davis finally got owned for talking about a bunch of dumb, non-important jibber jabber. Mayock talks football, Davis talks off-field stuff that doesn't even matter. I looked online to find stuff about guys like Dreisbach (I had to google him many times to get his name right) and Leach who I have never heard of before. Dreisbach played for 3 teams in the NFL (Raiders, Lions, Bills), but NEVER THREW A PASS!

How can never throwing a pass in the NFL and making the bare minimum equate to a "good NFL career." Leach never played in the NFL period...yeah some QB. Basically Jason White.

Charles Davis is a joke. How does he have a job?
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 01-21-2008, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Yup and it has helped the Bucs every year we have been there...I just think they get sick of it and want to be with their families.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    I would, it helped the niners last year (Patrick Willis, Joe Staley).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X