My thoughts on the New York Football Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
    O ok. That seems like a stupid rule. I'm curious as to the justification of it.
    I've no idea either its quite dumb, IMO. Possibly incase a player is standing on crutches near the side and a player or two crashes out and collides with them?

Stupid, I know, but thats all I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
      Eli Manning though - where did this come from? He led the league in turnovers and all of a sudden he turns into the third-best QB in the NFL.
      Phoenix from the flames of the New York newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
        They need a new slot receiver in case Toomer retires. Moss is done and Tyree despite his heroics is a number 4 at best. Possibly need a good nickel for the future, not sold on Dockery.

Theres too much money invested in Shockey to quit on him, and Boss is a decent second stringer to bring on. I like Shockey btw and I think any heat he had with anyone in the organization went out the window last night.
        Shockey is a very solid TE, however I do agree with a point a number of people have been making is that when he's on the field, he becomes Eli's outlet guy. So much so that Eli probably doesn't focus on his progression and the other receivers as much because old reliable "Jremee" will be there underneath. When he got injured, I think Eli started spreading the ball around a lot more. I saw more throws to Toomer, Smith, Moss and this Tyree guy who caught a ball with his freaking helmet in the superbowl!

I don't think Moss is done, this was only his 2nd year. However, if Toomer goes, they do need another guy with good hands.

Comment

Good points about the receivers. Steve Smith looks great (despite that pass he knocked in the air and got intercepted). I do not think the Giants will miss a beat when Amani Toomer retires. Now, when they develop Sinorice Moss, the Giants will be plenty of solid targets for Eli to use.
          Carolina Panther's GM

1. #17 - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
          2. #37 - Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
          2. #43 - Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
          3. #74 - John David Booty, QB, USC
          3. #82 - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
          4. #107 - Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            Good points about the receivers. Steve Smith looks great (despite that pass he knocked in the air and got intercepted). I do not think the Giants will miss a beat when Amani Toomer retires. Now, when they develop Sinorice Moss, the Giants will be plenty of solid targets for Eli to use.
            Steve Smith was only a rookie, he should continue to improve. So should Moss, who also has great speed. That bobbled catch for a pick was just bad luck, but I really liked the way Smith caught pretty much everything thrown at him for the rest of the game. Some people would have though after the pick, "Man I just effed up the superbowl." Full credit to Steve Smith "Jr" showing ticker.

Toomer will be missed, period. He has great chemistry with Eli, and in the playoffs made some spectacular sideline, toe-dragging catches. I'd try and replace him via free agency to keep some experience in the WR core.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
              Shockey is a very solid TE, however I do agree with a point a number of people have been making is that when he's on the field, he becomes Eli's outlet guy. So much so that Eli probably doesn't focus on his progression and the other receivers as much because old reliable "Jremee" will be there underneath. When he got injured, I think Eli started spreading the ball around a lot more. I saw more throws to Toomer, Smith, Moss and this Tyree guy who caught a ball with his freaking helmet in the superbowl!

I don't think Moss is done, this was only his 2nd year. However, if Toomer goes, they do need another guy with good hands.
              From what I gather Moss has fallen to sixth on the depth chart behind Tyree and Domenik Hixon. While he'll still be with the Giants, I think you can officially label him a bust now.

Comment

Working...
              X