Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys shopping Spears and Carpenter

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives...penter_sp.html

Well I projected earlier that Carpenter would be on the trade market and would go for a 2nd roudn pick...I think he will go to Miami for their 2nd round pick from San Diego...Parcells loved Carp as a prospect and might want him for his 3-4 defense.

Spears is an interesting player...I guess they like what they have seen out of Jason Hatcher.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

It looks more and more like Jerry is stockpiling picks to move up and take McFadden. This is a team with a lot of youth and depth and I can't see him keeping what could be 4 first day picks or 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. There will have to be cuts and some players from the second day may not even make the team. Trading up looks more and more likely. I would rather him trade later round picks up as high as possible to get impact players since depth isn't that much of an issue right now with few holes on the roster.
      Last edited by dweaver44; 01-22-2008, 10:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
      Cowboys Mock GM

Bring that title back to Big D!

Comment

Could be. I don't think it's worth it, but whatever.

Comment

i wonder if carpenter's price fell to fourth round, if the packers might "draft" him. he's best friends with aj, and would add great depth. wasn't also supposed to be a good pass rusher? KGB is getting up there in age.

Comment

What I've seen of Bobby (which hasn't been much), he seems to be very good in coverage, but he looked out of place playing inside in the 3-4.. he didn't play blocks very well, he didn't get rid of guys quick enough, maybe because he isn't an inside backer. He looked good in coverage, but Kevin Burnett has taken over the nickel linebacker spot and is doing well (hopefully Roy "Biscuit" Williams can play some nickel backer, too lol).
            Cowboys Mock GM

Comment

I think if Parcells traded that far up to get McFadden that it would be a very dumb idea, unless McFadden falls to late in the first round which is very possible.

Comment

No way in hell that happens.

Comment

Yeah I'm hoping he doesn't pull a Mike Ditka and sell the farm for McFadden when there's so much depth available.
                  Cowboys Mock GM

Comment

barber/mcfadden is a little more intimidating of a duo than morency/wynn. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                      No way in hell that happens.
                      I don't know...Jerry Jones is a very overrated owner in my opinion...seems like something he would do.

I just don't have any respect for owners/GMs that stand on the sideline during games. I know I am getting a little off topic, but the sidelines are for coaches/players/managers/trainers/doctors only. I think any owner or GM that does that has a lot of arrogance and it translates to the office decisions...look at how many dumb moves that Dan Snyder has made over the years. Arthur Blank has made a lot of questionable decisions. Etc etc.

He has taken chances before...remember he gave up 2 first round picks I believe for Joey Galloway? Also, he gave up a 3rd for Drew Henson.

Comment

Thank God he didn't give away Romo for a 3rd when Sean Payton wanted to take him with him to NO.
                        Cowboys Mock GM

Comment

Working...
                        X