Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodson/Ainge Bad Day?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=3207063

Tuesday (1/22/08): For the majority of practice today it looked as though there was something wrong with Woodson. Whether his arm was bothering him (more likely) or the 49ers' coaching staff was tinkering with his mechanics (less likely), Woodson rarely put a lot of RPMs on the football and was extremely slow and deliberate with his throwing motion. While Woodson does have a long release with a hitch, which is very concerning, it was exaggerated today for whatever reason. He was also slow with his pass drop and setup. With the speed in the NFL and the defensive backs' ability to break on and attack the ball, Woodson needs to get this fixed or he risks getting a lot of his out routes taken back the other way for defensive scores.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...ory?id=3207179

Tuesday (1/22/08): Ainge took a step backwards today. After displaying above-average accuracy during Monday's practice, Ainge couldn't seem to find the strike zone Tuesday afternoon. Also, Ainge's two biggest flaws were more evident than ever with the intensity ratcheted up several levels during the full-pad session. His feet are painfully slow and he struggles to get set quickly enough on drops as a result. Ainge shows very limited ability when it comes to avoiding the rush and making plays outside the pocket. He also lacks arm strength, which creates accuracy problems because his mechanics change when he's trying to put zip on any throws beyond 15 yards. It was very apparent during Tuesday's afternoon session why Ainge was the final alternate selected to play in this game -- he is nothing more than a late-round prospect right now in our opinion.

My god they are overanalyzing Woodson...hard to go full speed in practice...it really is. I think he needs to work on his release sure, but geez."

"With the speed in the NFL and the defensive backs' ability to break on and attack the ball..."...last time I checked they were in practice....in games he is more deliberate and is mechanically quicker. Like I said people are just looking ways to take down Woodson, and build up Ryan.

Ainge didn't have a good day yesterday really doing anything.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

hard to go full speed in practice...it really is.
      uh... no it isn't.

Comment

I mean mechanically for a QB, it is hard to go full speed. The games are just a different environment, which is why I'm not buying into the "Henne Hype"

Comment

Ouch, I feel bad for Ainge. I had him late first at one point and now look at him
          Walter got PWN3D
          Rams GM

Picks
          2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
          33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
          65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
          101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
          137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
          168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
          180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Yup me too...he's gone downhill.

Comment

Yeah, he has gone down my rankings. I say 3rd round pick as of right now.

Comment

I have him fourth
                Walter got PWN3D
                Rams GM

Picks
                2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal