Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Rogers never again in Detroit

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../1049/SPORTS03

So please commnet...what is his trade value? Browns, Jets, and 49ers all need a NT. The Chargers too since Jamal Williams is at the end of his career.

If they can get Rogers down to 320-325 pounds then he plays like the best defensive tackle in the NFL...or if he doesn't like last season he is in and out of the game and never establishes himself as a force.

I'd say a conservative 3rd round pick is what Detroit could net for him...if he gets in great shape in the coming months leading up to the draft he could generate a 2nd round pick for sure.

Or a player trade? What could work here in Detroit? Jonathan Vilma from the Jets for Rogers? That could work but I think Detroit would also have to throw in a 5th round pick.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Hell, if I was Tom M. I'd trade a 3rd for him.

Comment

He doesn't fit the Bills system at all...won't happen I guarantee you (you're nickname is Mr. Trade now since the forum mock)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        He doesn't fit the Bills system at all...won't happen I guarantee you (you're nickname is Mr. Trade now since the forum mock)
        DET runs a Tampa 2....
        and had 7 sacks I think last year and the year before like 7.

Comment

They put in the system after Rogers was drafted...Marinelli wouldn't spend a first round pick on Rogers I guarantee you.

Comment

The Detroit D-line was able to get penetration against the Giants when they played them. I don’t know about the rest of their year but it didn’t happen to the Giants often.

Comment

"Rogers has a rare combination of massive size, power and quickness. He is a monster when healthy and playing at full speed. He beats linemen at the point of attack with great snap anticipation, an awesome first step and heavy power. He can get through a gap or engage and shed. He is an outstanding penetrator. "

Sound like a good 1T in the Tampa 2.

Comment

What it doesn't say is talk about his inconsistencies and his stamina. He isn't as good a pass rusher as Scouts Inc. (which is where I know you got that from) makes him out to be here.

I mean look BillsRed, the history speaks for itself. Jauron never considered Haloti Ngata for the Bills 2 years ago in the draft...reportedly wasn't even on their draft board because he doesn't fit the defense.

Comment

Ngata can't pass rush, SR can.

also it would have been Marv and Tom not coach J

Comment

Well when the Bills never make an offer or sign Rogers I will remind you.

Comment

I didn't say they will dip ****.
                      But he would be a good 1T.
                      As I said I would give a 3rd.

Comment

Well watching the Lions week in and week out Matt, I can promise you one thing. Rogers can rush the passer on par if not better then any other DT in the league. When he is fresh. He is also phenomenal at blocking kicks, since 2001 when he was drafted, no player has blocked more field goals the Rogers has. As a matter of fact i believe this year alone, in poor shape he blocked 3 FG/XP's

The problem with Rogers is not talent, he is a DT that can fit any scheme and system, he is powerful enough and fast enough to blow up double teams and still get to the QB.

Problem with Shaun rogers is and always has been poor conditioning. For every one play he goes hard, he has to relax and go light for 2 plays. He also has a poor attitude, you know, one of those players that feels entitled. He doesn't work as hard as he needs to, his poor conditioning leads to constant nagging injuries to compound his lack of stamina.

Ultimately for a coach that could motivate him he could become the best DT in the NFL. But if you can't, your out of luck.

A team may take a gamble on him and give up a second, but i am not sure who would. I would offer a 4th if i was a GM.

My guess, Millen will demand nothing less then a 2nd. And come draft day once the second round is over he will cave and deal him for a third. Although some team late in the second that is targeting a DT may give up a second once Balmer and Okam fall off the board.

Comment

Oh and as for Rogers for Vilma,i would do it in a heart beat. Provided of course Vilma passes a physical.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                            Well watching the Lions week in and week out Matt, I can promise you one thing. Rogers can rush the passer on par if not better then any other DT in the league. When he is fresh.

Problem with Shaun rogers is and always has been poor conditioning. For every one play he goes hard, he has to relax and go light for 2 plays. He also has a poor attitude, you know, one of those players that feels entitled. He doesn't work as hard as he needs to, his poor conditioning leads to constant nagging injuries to compound his lack of stamina.

My guess, Millen will demand nothing less then a 2nd. And come draft day once the second round is over he will cave and deal him for a third. Although some team late in the second that is targeting a DT may give up a second once Balmer and Okam fall off the board.
                            We're on the same page Craig...that's what I am saying I know he has the talent to rush the passer, but he tires so easily in games that it really doesn't matter how talented he is if he can't get in shape. I'll admit maybe my analysis there was biased since I only saw him play last year when he was in poor condition and probably came away with a distorted view of the kind of player he actually is.

Comment

Dallas maybe? Ferguson is injury prone and old, Tank is probably best at end in the 3-4, same with Ratliff who filled in for Ferguson this year. Maybe Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers to Dal, for a 1st and Mr. Carpenter or something?
                              Cowboys Mock GM

Bring that title back to Big D!

Comment

Working...
                              X