Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Why did you never like him?
    I take it back, I liked him early in the season. Mid season I noticed he might just be another one of those big arm QBs who can't place the ball or throw accurately. WRers needed to reach behind them to catch passes or slow their routes down... which works fine with good WRers in college. Strictly as a pro prospect I don't like Woodson as much as everyone else. I don't like him top 10 because he isn't a top ten talent. To be honest I don't really like him that much in round one, but won't be surprised to see him go there.

Fantastic college QB with some talent around him. Could be a decent pro QB as a starter. He relies to much on his arm strength though. He'll throw INTs in the NFL (obviously everyone does I mean he'll throw a lot). He takes to long to read coverage combined with a slow release makes me wonder if he'll get sacked to much early on. He has some mobility, but not enough to compensate. Like Vince Young, Woodson played out of the Shotgun a lot... not sure how much that will effect him in the pros, but it most likely will early. He puts some air under the ball, to much i think. Those are just small details to the big ones... poor accuracy and pass placement.

With a need a QB, I would pass on Woodson and throw in a 3rd to get Anderson or adress another round one need and gamble with a later round QB who I could invest less money in.

Comment

Everybody liked him early in the year, but thats all changed
      Walter got PWN3D
      Rams GM

Picks
      2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
      33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
      65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
      101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
      137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
      168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
      180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Well, people just listen to the media and don't make their own opinions.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Are you acussing me, because the last time I checked I was the most stubborn bastard on this forum
          Walter got PWN3D
          Rams GM

Picks

Comment

I'm accusing everyone that just follows whatever they are hearing instead of doing their own observations, then pawning off those ideas as their own.

Comment

Good, because that sure as **** isn't me. I just have to take peoples word on the senior bowl because I have no possible way of seeing it live
              Walter got PWN3D
              Rams GM

Picks

Comment

Same. I like to mix it up sometimes, but other times consensus is right.

Comment

Great minds think alike
                  Walter got PWN3D
                  Rams GM

Picks

Comment

It looks like he just got Jittery during the senoir bowl. Cuz when you watch him against LSU hes unstoppable
                    Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Not really...his accuracy has been inconsistent all season long.

Comment

woodson might have the highest upside but i think he needs a year or two of professional work before he steps in. i believe that about most qbs. maybe henne, MAYBE...maybe ryan, but probably not even him. henne is the only one who could step in and start. i just like woodson from watching him though.

Comment

I agree he needs some work, but some one can do it.

Comment

right. he's got the upside and the work is just detail stuff. like aaron rodgers was swimming his first two years and now whenever he comes in he owns the game. because mccarthy worked out the kinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Well, people just listen to the media and don't make their own opinions.
                              You know I've felt this way about Woodson for a while. It has nothing to do with media.

I always thought arm strength was great, but very overrated in a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by GridIron NUt View Post
                                It looks like he just got Jittery during the senoir bowl. Cuz when you watch him against LSU hes unstoppable
                                He had a great game against LSU I'll say that hands down, but still, if I remember correctly he only completed around 50% (give or take) of his passes. He was like 20 of 40. I don't think the stats tell all or anything like that, but if 50% completion in college is unstoppable then you're looking uphill in the pros because even the Detroit Lions have a better defense than LSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X