Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodson not to participate in Combine

http://www.kentucky.com/295/story/298122.html

Woodson is aiming for a strong finish in Saturday's game before heading back to Orlando to resume his training regimen. He won't work out at the NFL Combine in February, but will throw for scouts at UK's Pro Day in March. He will then conduct individual workouts for teams.

Smart thing to not do agility drills, 40 time, and the bench...needs to be in passing drills though to show up Brohm and Ryan.

He will definately be there to do interviews.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

interesting. why would he do the senior bowl but not the combine?

Comment

Eh a lot of those drills like the 40, don't really matter that much for QB's. Most important part of the combine for them is probably the interviews.

Comment

Good idea. I think he's the #1 QB right now.

Comment

His IQ Test I think will determine where he is drafted. He has everything to make a great NFL QB and in my opinion he is better than Jamarcus Russell who went #1 last year.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

IQ test?

The Wonderlic really doesn't matter only if the player is really dumb and scores low like Vince Young did.

Comment

I agree with Matt, the wonderlic isn't a huge deal in the vast majority of cases. I think it comes down to how Woodson does at the pro-day and how Ryan does at the pro-day and/or combine. Brohm is the darkhorse if they both falter and he has OK workouts.

Comment

I would thing for a quarterback deciphering a problem correctly in a matter of seconds would be a huge deal. Then to, too many coaches do that for the QB now adays. So sad.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I really don't think it matters how either do in their pro day or combine in terms of who is the first QB selected...I feel this is pretty much a lock so check out my next mock it will be out next week probably tuesday at the latest.

Comment

Can't wait to read it.

Comment

Yeah a lot of picks have changed...some are big changes in the Top 10 some aren't.

Comment

I wonder who the niners get. It better not be a QB in any round or I'll freak.

Comment

i can't wait to see the bears pick brennan in rd 2.

Comment

LOL, no way. Not even Charlie Casserly could do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                              I would thing for a quarterback deciphering a problem correctly in a matter of seconds would be a huge deal. Then to, too many coaches do that for the QB now adays. So sad.
                              I'm of the opinion that the wonderlic means nothing. I think the most important "intangible" for a QB is peripheral vision. This is the acuity that you can see of things that you aren't directly looking at, e.g. try reading a couple of lines below the point you are looking at and it begins to get hard. They say that hockey legend Wayne Gretzky had phenomenal peripheral vision, aiding him in puck control etc. because he could look ahead but still maintain possession.

Though it would be very difficult to standardise, this would be an intriguing "drill" for QBs to do at the combine. Imagine finding out your perfect physical QB can't even focus on a slot when looking at a wideout, you might think twice.

As for problem solving, surely its mostly read and react, go through your progression and pass when you see a hole. If you can pass without having to make a fixation to the second receiver, you might save a tenth of a second, which could be vital.

Comment

Working...
                              X