NFL Announces 2008 Values of Franchise and Transition tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Announces 2008 Values of Franchise and Transition tags

NFL | Franchise tag and transition tag prices for defensive players announced
    Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:17:46 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the prices for franchise tag players and transition tag players for the 2008 season have been announced. Defensive ends will carry a franchise tag of $8.879 million and a transition tag of $7.679 million. Cornerbacks will carry a franchise tag of $9.465 million and a transition tag of $7.659 million. Linebackers will carry a franchise tag of $8.065 million and a transition tag of $7.335 million. Defensive tackles will carry a franchise tag of $6.363 million and a transition tag of $5.654 million. Safeties will carry a franchise tag of $4.396 million and a transition tag of $3.893 million.

NFL | Franchise tag and transition tag prices for offensive players announced
    Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:16:57 -0800

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the prices for franchise tag players and transition tag players for the 2008 season have been announced. Quarterbacks will carry a franchise tag of $10.73 million and a transition tag of $9.56 million. Offensive lineman will carry a franchise tag of $7.455 million and a transition tag of $6.895 million. Wide receivers will carry a franchise tag of $7.848 million and a transition tag of $6.872 million. Running backs will carry a franchise tag of $6.538 million and a transition tag of $5.699 million. Tight ends will carry a franchise tag of $4.522 million and a transition tag of $3.733 million.
    Per KFFL. Going to be awfully expensive to Franchise some of them free agents like Trufant, Samuel and Briggs.

Can you really Franchise a player two years in a row? Wasn't Briggs (and Samuel?) franchised last year?
    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Fender View Post
      Can you really Franchise a player two years in a row? Wasn't Briggs (and Samuel?) franchised last year?

Briggs and Samuel reached incentives this year where they cannot be franchised again next year. I’m pretty sure they reached them. It was an agreement they made with their teams before the season. Generally, I believe you can be franchised more than once

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
        Briggs and Samuel reached incentives this year where they cannot be franchised again next year. I’m pretty sure they reached them. It was an agreement they made with their teams before the season. Generally, I believe you can be franchised more than once
        Yes you can be franchised in consecutive seasons by the same team. Only way to avoid it is to add a "No Franchise" stipulation once they do it for the first time. As for Samuel, i know he had a clasue, but i was not sure if he hit his incentives, as for Briggs, i don't know.

Comment

Samuel's clause was relataed to team victories. obviously, New England reached that number so he can't be Franchised again.
          Jacksonville Jaguars GM

2008 WalterFootball.com Mock Draft Selections:

Round 1, (26) Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
          Round 2, (58) Roy Schuening,G, Oregon State
          Round 3, (71) Eddie Royal, WR/KR, Virginia Tech
          Round 3, (89) Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
          Round 4, (125) Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
          Round 5, (147) Tommy Blake, DE, TCU
          Round 5, (158) Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
          Round 5, (159) Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

Comment

You can be franchised more than once but not two years in a row. Unless a deal is made I suppose.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

vinatieri was franchised two years in a row. i think. or josh brown. something like that.

Comment

so do you think the chiefs will franchise jared allen? i know he's a stud, but do you think they think he's worth that kind of money? i heard he doesn't really want to go back there anyway; he wants to play for a winner. might that play into it?

Comment

If he wants to play for a winner and the Chiefs have a great draft then they might not need to Franchise him. However they wont let a player of his caliber walk for nothing.
                  If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Josh Brown was franchised 2 years in a row.
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      Josh Brown was franchised 2 years in a row.
                      He and the team probobly struck a deal after his first franchise that would allow them to do it twice in a row based on product or wins. Something like that because the Cardinals wanted to Franchise someone for 2 strait years a couple years back and the league stopped it saying they couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                        He and the team probobly struck a deal after his first franchise that would allow them to do it twice in a row based on product or wins. Something like that because the Cardinals wanted to Franchise someone for 2 strait years a couple years back and the league stopped it saying they couldn't.

I don’t think a player would a cut deal to allow himself to be franchised. I don’t know how their players union allows it at all. Could you imagine the baseball owners even asking the MLB union for that? It would be a joke.

I think Orlando Pace was franchised at least 3 straight times.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                          Not all the details, but I do somewhat remember that.

Comment

I think that both Samuel and Briggs reched their incentives.
                            Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Working...
                            X