Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    "If you take a player in the first round, I don't care which pick, he must fit your system to maximize his potential. You don't draft press corners who can't play zone, and vice versa, in Round 1. I don't care how great of a prospect he is. The players must fit the system, and you don't draft a player unless he fits the system perfectly. Ellis does not fit the 3-4 perfectly, so why take a player like him No. 1 overall if he can't reach his full potential?"

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    I see the thing about the zero technique. Your other post just confused me.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    He's a better NT but that isn't saying anything. Reread my blog you obviously missed some key points.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    If Ellis is better in 3-4 why wouldn't he be the frontrunner?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I mean it depends on the scheme. I think as a 3-4...Ellis is a slightly better NT than Dorsey. As a 4-3 UT, I think Dorsey is slightly better than Ellis. Overall I'd say Dorsey is better.

If I were to give out ratings, I'd give Dorsey a 99/100 and Ellis a 98/100.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    I thought it was a good read as well, but I'll argue that Dorsey is bigger than Ellis, at least by the numbers. Ellis is bigger, per the weigh-in at the Senior Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    I like the blog, a good read, but I have a question. In terms of talent, which DT is better, Ellis or Dorsey?

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    started a topic Matt's blog updated - 1/30

Matt's blog updated - 1/30

http://walterfootball.com/mattblog.php

Talks about if Sedrick Ellis has passed Glenn Dorsey.
Working...
X