Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walter, handicap my Raiders 4 round mock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter, handicap my Raiders 4 round mock.

I. RB Darren McFadden

This is the hardest choice in the history of the Raiders drafts. There is a great case for both Longs, Ellis, Dorsey AND McFadden. No doubt the D, specifically the D-line, needs a shot in the arm of youth and tenacity. But I keep coming back to the fact that Russell has NO true weapons. I love what Fargas did for us last year, but he cannot be expected to hold up over the course of a season, and then you have to throw in the fact that Michael Bush hasn't played a down in the NFL. McFadden is the home run hitter that we just don't have on the roster and he also provides us with a great blocker. The Browns proved that with enough offensive weapons, you are in the hunt.

II. DT Pat Sims

The problem with going offense in the first means you MUST go defense in the second, where there are some nice WR choices for us, Devin Thomas being my favorite. But defense is the order of the day at this point, and Sims provides them with size on the interior.

III. Traded

IV. WR Steve Johnson

Burton gets the pub by Johnson was the big play guy for Kentucky. We need a WR that can actually run with the ball once he catches it, and Johnson can do that all day.

V. Traded

VI. S Eric Wicks

Wicks is a guy that will liikely not test all that well but is just a football player, pure and simple. Unlike virtually every S taken on the second day by the Raiders, this one will make the team and challenge to start at some point in the season.

VII. BPA
    Some random guy:

"Like I have been telling you for the past two months: The Oakland Raiders will draft Campbell."

I'm not Walter, but I think it is pretty good. You addressed your most pressing needs, but I don't like the 6th and the 7th. You have too many needs for a safety and a BPA. An OT comes to mind. Also, welcome to the forums.

Comment

I think that's as pretty good as you're going to get. You went best player and filled positions of need. Nice job.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Needs?

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
        I'm not Walter, but I think it is pretty good. You addressed your most pressing needs, but I don't like the 6th and the 7th. You have too many needs for a safety and a BPA. An OT comes to mind. Also, welcome to the forums.

SS is absolutely a need! We are at the bottom of the heap when it comes to stopping the run. We need the toughness that Wicks could provide in a big way. Huff is better suited for FS or even CB and we can't afford for him to waste his talents manning the SS spot for another year. And Weakgert is so waived.
        Some random guy:

"Like I have been telling you for the past two months: The Oakland Raiders will draft Campbell."

Comment

Working...
        X