Tony Temple in the draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Temple in the draft

I read in the paper he is going into the draft instead of appealing a ruling barring him from going back to school for another year.

Hmm, I'd be surprised if he gets drafted. Ok runner, ok speed, some character issues (punched someone at a restaurant I think).

Stay in school, fight the fight, and maybe get a start in the AAFL my friend.

Comment

He couldn't go back to school, he's out of eligibility. I could see some team taking a flyer on him late.

Comment

I've been swayed lately by Matt's pointing out that the league is very running back rich at the moment. There are even capable backs out there on practice squads and as free agents, two notable examples this year being Selvin Young and Ryan Grant.

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
            I've been swayed lately by Matt's pointing out that the league is very running back rich at the moment. There are even capable backs out there on practice squads and as free agents, two notable examples this year being Selvin Young and Ryan Grant.
            And when you think about this year's runningback class, and then next years' (Beanie Wells, Knowshon Moreno, James Davis, Arian Foster...even sleepers like Keiland Williams, Marlon Lucky, Javon Ringer, PJ Hill, Andre Brown, etc)...this league will be absolutely STACKED at the position for an extremely long time and hurt the prospects of future players because it lowers their value. I know injuries will happen from time to time, but the league will soon have the talent and depth at the position we have never seen before.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
              You forgot Kenton Keith and even a 3rd stringer like Earnest Graham.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                You forgot Kenton Keith and even a 3rd stringer like Earnest Graham.
                Duly noted.

Soon they'll be passing RBs around like currency, yeah currency.

Also it'll mean that if you can't catch a ball (e.g. Shaun Alexander) your stock will drop.

Comment

Idk...Alexander sucks because he is slow and not explosive imo

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Idk...Alexander sucks because he is slow and not explosive imo
                    True, I'm talking more the old Alexander, just imagine how much a force he would have been if he could catch. He'd be like LT.

Comment

Alexander will be cut and will probably want so much money no one will sign him. Reminds me of Ahmad Plummer.

Comment

Working...
                      X