No announcement yet.

Check out my new website!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can never support Keshawn Johnson although some of his s*** is really funny. Seriously, I don't really want to read your site if it's all cliche picks.

Comment

It also takes a lot of work and innovative thinking to have a profitable site. Walter knows the formula and he is money (overused by me lately I know) with it.

Walter brings the entertainment. People don't always want elite analysis, but he brings humor, he brings flair to his site.

I bring the expertise if you will. An opinion you won't hear anywhere else. Picks in my mock you haven't seen before. If some sportscaster says something, I have no problem calling them out. I have no problem with someone on this forum calling me out if I say something and they can back it up. It's the nature of the biz. But what I do is try to predict the future before there is a future...ahead of the curve if you will.

I called Colt Brennan's meltdown after the 3rd game of the season. I said LSU would win the national title before the season when the hot pick was USC. I said preseason that Florida was going to lose at least 3 games the year after they won the national title game. I projected Brady Quinn to fall all the way to the 17th pick last year to Jacksonville when he was in everyone's top 5/10 (to 22 I know but I was pretty close). 11/16 last year on my mock draft. Next year, I am confident I will be 8/10 in the top 10.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        It also takes a lot of work and innovative thinking to have a profitable site. Walter knows the formula and he is money (overused by me lately I know) with it.

Walter brings the entertainment. People don't always want elite analysis, but he brings humor, he brings flair to his site.

I bring the expertise if you will. An opinion you won't hear anywhere else. Picks in my mock you haven't seen before. If some sportscaster says something, I have no problem calling them out. I have no problem with someone on this forum calling me out if I say something and they can back it up. It's the nature of the biz. But what I do is try to predict the future before there is a future...ahead of the curve if you will.

I called Colt Brennan's meltdown after the 3rd game of the season. I said LSU would win the national title before the season when the hot pick was USC. I said preseason that Florida was going to lose at least 3 games the year after they won the national title game. I projected Brady Quinn to fall all the way to the 17th pick last year to Jacksonville when he was in everyone's top 5/10 (to 22 I know but I was pretty close). 11/16 last year on my mock draft. Next year, I am confident I will be 8/10 in the top 10.
        As great as you are, the real props go to Walter. He can make money and he has the best draft site IMO. We still need a podcast.

Comment

Oh I don't deny it...it's his site. A podcast would be awesome I'm sure he is working on it.

Comment

I just updated my blog with a post on the rumor that Jared Allen would like to come to SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              Okay so I'm calling you out since you claim to be a draft expert

You say Woodson has bad mechanics...mechanics aren't all about a highly publicized slow release. You are doing a great job of reading ESPN.com so I'll give you that.

His footwork was probably the best of anyone's at the Senior Bowl, and that is the most important part of mechanics. I don't get it. Bad mechanics? Give me a break.

Great job of reading Todd McShay though. You all think alike.

Nothing we've heard before as far Oakland taking McFadden or Buffalo taking a WR. Nothing special. No going out on a limb with anything...a lot of extremely cliche material. (not 49ers but ChosenOne)
              Agree

Comment

When you just gave out 80 million in your DE's the last 2 years you don't take a DE, but if he went down that far I'm not 100% against it.

Comment

Bills_red, you have said your DBs and DEs are both good. However, the Bills were 29th against the pass last year. Please explain to me how your DBs and DEs are good.

Comment

PM or e-mail me with link exchange proposals.

Comment

Maybe because the Bills dealt with a **** load of injuries mainly to their Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson their starting safeties.

Comment

Hmmm, good point. However, I'd rather not have a cliche pick like Kelly.

Comment

New blog post up on the Super Bowl and the issue of class. A two-round mock will be up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                            Bills_red, you have said your DBs and DEs are both good. However, the Bills were 29th against the pass last year. Please explain to me how your DBs and DEs are good.
                            I never said our DB's are great but they are around a 7/10.
                            McGee and Greer were 1st in YAC. Once the WR cought it they went down. Greer and McGee played out of there minds in some games and others they seemed to lack it. Why? For the 1st time McGee was the #1, and he does KR, so imo we should have Parrish do both. This year was Greer's 1st year were he got much playing time. I'm not a fan of Webster but I'm sure be can he a good back-up. I counted this year as Youboty's 1st year becuase his rookie year he had to stay out of TC due to a)tOSU exams and what not that made him get in TC late, b) his mom died and missed the rest of TC. So he was only activated for a few games, and played in maybe the last 2. This year (i think) he hurt his ankle and foot too and missed 1 month +. Kawalkie (sp?) Thomas is a soild nickle. We could draft a CB i'm not against it but I think with Greer getting his feet wet this year he will only get better.
                            Kiwaukee Thomas will be back after missimg the last few games.
                            Ko Simpson will be back after he fractured his ankle in week 1
                            Jason Webster will be back after going on IR in week1
                            George Wilson will be back after missing last 3 or so weeks
                            Ashton Youboty will be back after his injuries
                            Also our L'Bers will be bcak to 100%. Poz, Ellison, Wire and DiGi all missed time and more than once 3 of the 4 missed the game.
                            DE's
                            Denney was out from the start till about week 10ish then was on IR after a week or so due to his foot, and he gets a lot of playing time to keep Chris and Aaron fresh. Teams put 2 guys on Aaron just about every play. Chris didn't have a good year true, but Kelsay just had surgery on the ankle that bothered him most of the 2nd half of the season.
                            Do you really expect the DE's to put put back to back great years? no they did okay with all the injuries.

Also junk time yards and stuff factor in to 29th against the pass
                            Last edited by bills_red; 02-04-2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                              Hmmm, good point. However, I'd rather not have a cliche pick like Kelly.
                              I really don't understand your feelings against the "Cliche" picks. Making a mock draft is not about just having original picks. It's about finding the best fit for a team regardless of wether or not it's a "Cliche" pick.

As for the Vikings pick it's just not good at all. I'll say it right now the only way the Vikings draft a CB in round 1 is if they plan on playing him at Safety.

Comment

hey 49ersfan your big board of 25 players only goes through 24 players. Thought you'd like to know.
                                WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                                Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Working...
                                X