No announcement yet.

When did you start to follow the draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did you start to follow the draft?

Just wondering. I started listening to it on the radio (stupid basic cable) in '02 or '03.

I get to show my age again....1970, when the Lions picked Steve Owens, Heisman Trophy winner from Oklahoma. I utilized state-of-the-art technology to follow it......I read about it in the newspaper.

Comment

Wow, newspapers... that is fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
        Wow, newspapers... that is fancy.
        Oh yeah......I was out of control. I bought both Detroit newspapers AND had a Street and Smiths magazine as a reference.

Comment

Amazing, you read periodicals I've never heard of.

Comment

I think Street and Smith's was around into the '90's.

Comment

2003 is when I first started to care. but 2005 is when I really started to get into it, my favorite player by far was Derrick Johnson OLB Texas, STUD.
              Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
                I think Street and Smith's was around into the '90's.
                Shows what I know. I really got into it in 06, but I started caring in 03.

Comment

2001. I read the ESPN Mag NFL Draft Preview and I was really interested. I loved ESPN's presentation of the draft. (I had to mow the lawn and referee soccer that day, but I taped it).

I watched the recording, Tampa traded up to get Kenyatta Walker and I was hooked. I loved the draft.

I remember watching the clilps of Steve Hutchinson and Jeff Backus as Michigan buddies, and how Hutch downed a 40 oz steak in 5 minutes.

Anyways, that's where it all started for me. Hooked ever since, but I didn't follow the draft as closely as I do now (because I got older...and we didn't have this kind of coverage of it even in 2004) until 2005.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I have been following the draft since 1994, but really started getting hooked in 1995 when the Bucs traded down in the first round to get Warren Sapp and then traded back into the first to get Derrick Brooks, that was the last act the Sam Wyche made to help turn the Bucs around.

Comment

Goes down as the best first round for any NFL team imo.
                      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Last year. I was working on my masters thesis and had too much spare time...
                        Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Fender View Post
                          Last year. I was working on my masters thesis and had too much spare time...
                          ...and then you got lured into the blackhole of space, time, and energy known as the NFL draft.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                            ...and then you got lured into the blackhole of space, time, and energy known as the NFL draft.
                            Well, yeah. But it is still better than duing drugs and s***....
                            Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

I started watching the drafts well at least the entire 1st round in 2001. I really haven't started following it closely until this past summer. Heck, the only reason I'll follow college football is because of the NFL draft.
                              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Working...
                              X