Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donnie Avery, could he end up in the first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donnie Avery, could he end up in the first?

Does anyone think Donnie Avery could end up being picked in the bottom half of the first round, ahead of some of the bigger named guys?

I mean it always happens...there are always reaches in round 1.

Craig Davis was a projected late 2nd/early 3rd round pick last year and San Diego took him.

Avery's 40 time will help him out if he runs in the mid 4.3s...but if he runs in the 4.4s his stock will go down because most of his game is predicated on his great speed.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

No, not really. He is fast, but that is partly because he is small, and therefore he can't do any thing against physical defenders. Plus, there is always that problem about level of competition.

Comment

Level of competition doesn't matter....speed is speed.

Comment

I mean 9ers, you can make that same argument last year about Anthony Gonzalez to not be a first round pick, or Ted Ginn.

Comment

Let me rephrase this. I think he could end up in the first b/c a team falls in love with his speed a la Teddy Ginn. Should he be a first-round pick, no way, at least not yet. His small frame concerns me, and he needs work against bump and run.

Comment

But you said, "No, not really"...then you say "I think he could end up in the first..."

I don't get it.

Comment

I don't think he should. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the 1st. However, with a good combine he will make it in, and will deserve it.

Comment

One team to look at here is the 49ers. Martz likes his vertical receivers. Avery could be his guy.

Comment

A good point. I'm guessing Doucet, Hardy, or Avery right now.

Comment

Hardy isn't the kind of WR that Martz likes.

I'd say DeSean Jackson, Devin Thomas, Donnie Avery, and Mario Manningham for their first pick....their draft range would probably widen with their 2nd pick to include Andre Caldwell, Eddie Royal, Harry Douglas, and maybe Lavelle Hawkins dependent on his 40 time.

Comment

Watch out for Manningham. He has slipped this year, but I think he'll do well in workouts and get into the 1st round. He could go to the niners.

Comment

He's the best route runner in this draft hands down.

Comment

He is what 5'10-5'11 and 200 pounds that is thicker then Steve Smith, Ginn, and Gonzalez, Holmes three of which where first round picks and one has been an impact player.

I just have a feeling that a team might fall in love with his speed and kick return ability in the later part of the first and draft him. I could even see the Bucs drafting him in the first.

Comment

Avery isn't 200 pounds...he checked in at 5'11 and 186 at the Senior Bowl weigh in.

Comment

Working...
                              X