Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 NFL Mock Draft Updated - 2/4

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

New No. 1, but Tebow still high, to the chagrin of Matt McGuire.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

You asked if we're switching to a 43. The answer is a resounding yes, because Mike Nolan will be gone and a competent coach will replace him.

Comment

Walter Jamal Lewis is only 28 and is perfect for running in Cleveland's Offense and Weather. If they sign him long term like they are trying to do now I dont think there will be a problem. Regardless they will have a Franchise Running Back this year.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

You should change up the order of the draft.

Comment

Nice work to recognize Chancellor. He is going to emerge as a star for VT next season. A lightly-recruited guy now being projected as a first-round pick after his junior season. not too shabby.
          Jacksonville Jaguars GM

2008 WalterFootball.com Mock Draft Selections:

Round 1, (26) Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
          Round 2, (58) Roy Schuening,G, Oregon State
          Round 3, (71) Eddie Royal, WR/KR, Virginia Tech
          Round 3, (89) Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
          Round 4, (125) Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
          Round 5, (147) Tommy Blake, DE, TCU
          Round 5, (158) Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
          Round 5, (159) Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
            Walter Jamal Lewis is only 28 and is perfect for running in Cleveland's Offense and Weather. If they sign him long term like they are trying to do now I dont think there will be a problem. Regardless they will have a Franchise Running Back this year.
            The Browns offered Lewis a 2-year deal. I don't think they're going to give him much more than that.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

We've already debated Tebow, but you can't debate this. Atlanta will not go away from this draft in 2008 without drafting a QB in the first three rounds. So then why would they draft a QB in round 1 the following year?

It makes no sense.

I love the pick of Chris Wells to Oakland.

Al Woods hasn't proven anything yet...hard to put him that high in round 1.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Matt, I understand what you're saying, but it's hard to project a 2009 mock without the actual 2008 Draft, so I based it on what I have the teams doing with their first selection.

Also, if you think about it, the Dolphins drafted John Beck in '07 but could be looking for a QB this draft, so it's not unheard of that the Falcons could be in the same position.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

But that's different because this year new regime in Miami...in Atlanta it is a new regime now and they likely won't have a new one in 2009.

Comment

I dig.
                    Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

It's kind of hard to gauge how good Crabtree is because of the system he plays in...but I don't doubt his talent...#1 is a little high imo but someone has to be the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        The Browns offered Lewis a 2-year deal. I don't think they're going to give him much more than that.
                        They don't want to make him too comfertable. Comfort leads to complacency and bad stats in many cases. If he has another good year or 2 they will sign him again. If not they won't.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I think you have Taylor Mays listed too low.

Mays is a freak of nature, who has the potential to be a Top 5 overall pick, with a strong junior campaign (assuming he leaves early, which is no longer a safe bet - given recent trends at USC).

His measureables are completely off the charts for his position, which is actually Free Safety, not Strong Safety as listed on the mock draft.

Mays is 6'4", 225-230 and ran the 40 yard dash at USC's 2007 spring practice at an eye-popping 4.25 seconds!!!

Pete Carroll said of Mays: "He's the fastest, biggest, strongest, jumpingest guy in our program. He's an extraordinary athlete. There's nothing to hold him back."

And this was after his freshman year, when he was named Pac-10 co-freshman of the year.

If Mays comes within even a sniff of achieving his God-given abilities this year, he should be a Top 5 overall pick in the 2009 draft.
                          sigpic

------------------------------------------------
                          Ray Lewis has suffered enough, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue of the National Football League said in a conference call yesterday in explaining why he did not suspend the All-Pro linebacker who pleaded guilty to obstructing justice in a murder case.

''It's the courts who have the primary responsibility in this case,'' Tagliabue said. ''We're not a substitute for the courts.''

''The offense was a misdemeanor; he had no problems before that and hadn't violated league policies,'' Tagliabue said of Lewis's guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice in a deal with Atlanta prosecutors, who dropped murder charges against the Ravens star.

- NYTimes, July 20, 2000

Comment

I agree with Mays. I think he's a better Safety than William Moore who you have higher, and far above the other Safety's in the draft. Top 10 talent who could fall no further than top 15 only by circumstance.

Comment

I could see a team like Atlanta wanting a Taylor Mays.

Comment

Working...
                              X