• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Zorn new HC in Washington

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redsk...im_zorn_1.html

What?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I feel bad for Skins fans, having such a terrible team owner. Hiring both coordinators before hiring a HC? When you do that I guess hiring coach choice #7 is your only option.
    NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Hahahahahahaha

I mean, maybe he'll be a good HC, you never know, but I'd be pretty frustrated if I were a Skins fan.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

There just weren't a lot of great head coaches on the market this year for Snyder to choose from. Oh well I guess that is what happens when you hire a college coach (Spurrier) and a has been in Joe Gibbs. And yes I called him a has been, I didn't think he was the right hire then and I stand by that.

Comment

Well it was either him or Jim Fassell, and while Fassell took us to the SB, we got smoked and he turned a decent team into sludge by the end of his tenure.

Comment

LOL. Snyder is almost as bad as John York.

Comment

I think Zorn is the first person in history to be promoted before actually starting his job.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Wow, I didn't see that coming
                Walter got PWN3D
                Rams GM

Picks
                2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

I wonder how Snyder thought here. "We couldn't find a HC so let us just promote one of our coordinators" ??

And how it must feel the same for Zorn...
                  Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

I think Zorn is in over his head. Snyder paniced and hired the guy he liked most instead of the guy most fit for the job.

Personally I would have given Cam Cameron a chance. I think the skill set of the offense in place at Washington suits Cam.

Comment

Matt, I think Cam was in over his head in Miami. The man couldn't even coach the final preseason game because he didn't know whom to cut.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I think Cam needs to go on vacation or something. I'm not sure how he'd feel about a career record of 7-25 and two first year fires.

I agree with what you said about Joe Gibbs though, as much as I love him as a coach he wasn't the right hire.

Comment

Hiring head coaches is a hit or miss prospect anyways. Whose to say what the right choices are, especially if we don't know the people and situations involved thoroughly?

I say this because my Lions have had a long list of great coordinators, but not head coaches. Don Shula was the DB coach for us in '61 - 64. We hired Harry Gilmer for chrissakes. Monte Clark had Marty Schottenheimer as an assistant, and we hired Darryl Rogers. There are other examples but I'm having trouble typing and puking simultaneously so I'll leave it at that.

Comment

If you are a good GM you can hire the right person for the job. YOU have to analyze your team and talk to remaining coaches to find out your teams strengths and then interview people, look at their background and talk to people they worked with before, and be patient to find the right person for the job. A lot of work to do it right but it is worth it to get it right. I doubt Snyder has ever done it right.

Being a former coach I know there is no hit or miss in the sense that it is a game of chance. You do it right and get the type of person best for the job or you don't. There will be misses but if the process is done correctly then there will be more around eight hits to every two misses.
                            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Working...
                            X