Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If anyone here goes to Arcadia University (Pa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone here goes to Arcadia University (Pa)

I'll be guest speaking in Room 1 Landman Library on Monday at 7:15 p.m. for a journalism class.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

What are you gonna be talking about, and how much are you getting paid to do this or is it just volunteer for good references?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

It's just for a class, I know the professor.

I'm going to discuss:

- How I started my site.
      - My weekly routine
      - How to start a site
      - How to build a successful site/how to market it
      - Difference between online and print journalism

I also fielded football questions at the end the last time I did this.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

So tell us....how did you start you site and build it successfully?

Comment

I would want to see that. Can you have some one tape it?

Comment

That's cool. I have a friend who is a Business professor. She has invited me to speak to her class about Sales, in general and specific techniques. It's fun.

I'd be most interested in "Difference between online and print journalism".

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post

I'd be most interested in "Difference between online and print journalism".
              What are the main differences?

Comment

I don't know, that's why I'd be interested. Hopefully Walt can give us something on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                  What are the main differences?
                  Well, online journalists are less credible than newspaper journalists because the former can be posted almost instantly, and more people are bound to believe something if it's printed and in their hands, rather than on a computer. There are so many Web sites that post false information that people don't trust the net as much as newspapers.

Also, you have more freedom on the net if you're a writer. Unless you really offend a race, people are going to read your stuff if they like it. You probably don't have an entity governing you like you do in a newspaper. I doubt any newspaper would publish my Emmitt quotes for fear of getting sued because of lack of physical evidence that Emmitt actually said those things, even though he did.

Those are just some of the differences.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
                    So tell us....how did you start you site and build it successfully?
                    Long story short, it was a project for my high school internet class. When I graduated, I kept doing it as a hobby. When i switched my major to sports journalism, I used it as a resume-builder. Then, I started getting ad offers and I figured out that I could do it full-time.

As for promoting it, I link exchanged like crazy, learned and used SEO (Search Engine Optimization - I'll get into that in my speech tomorrow), passively spammed (much more effective and accepted than active spamming - I'll also get into that) and did minor things, like post bulletins in facebook/myspace, give business cards out to people, etc.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Interesting stuff, on both subjects.

Comment

Thanks man
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Link exchanges are great. BTW, make sure to LE with Walter. I get 80% of my traffic from WalterFootball.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                            Long story short, it was a project for my high school internet class. When I graduated, I kept doing it as a hobby. When i switched my major to sports journalism, I used it as a resume-builder. Then, I started getting ad offers and I figured out that I could do it full-time.

As for promoting it, I link exchanged like crazy, learned and used SEO (Search Engine Optimization - I'll get into that in my speech tomorrow), passively spammed (much more effective and accepted than active spamming - I'll also get into that) and did minor things, like post bulletins in facebook/myspace, give business cards out to people, etc.
                            Is the site so successful that it provides you with a good enough income to concentrate on it full-time?

Comment

I would guess yes, because it is Walter's 9-5 job.

Comment

Working...
                              X