Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely shocking statement from Mike Mayock

http://www.nfl.com/draft

Check out the video with Matt Ryan on the front of it.

"I don't touch Darren McFadden in the top 20 picks of this draft."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I wrote in one of my first blog posts I thought he was overrated, later saying the most overrated player in this draft (others on this forum have as well), but I am shocked by this statement. This is the ****ing difference between a phony (Kiper, McShay, Wright) and Mike Mayock. Mike Mayock in my book just went down as the brightest mind in the history of broadcasting football analysis. He makes bold statements but backs them up because he explains with logic and he does his homework.

I disagree about the Ravens liking Ryan, but maybe they give Cameron less power over who they draft than what happened in Miami last year. He skipped on Quinn, I see no reason why he wouldn't skip on Ryan. He likes accurate, precision passers and Ryan isn't that yet.

Mike Mayock's Top 10 Players overall:

1. Matt Ryan
    2. Sedrick Ellis
    3. Chris Long
    4. Glenn Dorsey
    5. Vernon Gholston
    6. Jake Long
    7. Ryan Clady
    8. Keith Rivers
    9. Phillip Merling
    10. Leodis McKelvin
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Pretty intersting find on Scott Wright's blog

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/blog/wrightstuff.html

He think he is the only elite player in this draft as of now and Mike Mayock is on the exact opposite. How McFadden turns out as a pro (not how high/low he is taken on draft day) will really make an impression upon me in terms of Mike Mayock vs. Scott Wright. If McFadden totally blows then I think anyone that thought McFadden was a 5 star elite player in this draft doesn't deserve to comment any further after what happened with Reggie Bush's career so far. This includes Todd McShay, Kiper, some noob on a message board...everyone.

Comment

So basically what your saying is if McFadden does nothing special as a pro you're just gonna laugh at anything Scott Wright says?
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

McFadden is obviously talented but many of his best collegiate moments came when the snap went directly to him, in an offense that will not be used, at least not often, in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
          So basically what your saying is if McFadden does nothing special as a pro you're just gonna laugh at anything Scott Wright says?
          I laugh at most everything Scott writes. But McFadden out of the top 20, IDK. Even if he isn't a top 20 player, he will certainly go in the top 20.

Comment

If McFadden totally blows then I think anyone that thought McFadden was a 5 star elite player in this draft doesn't deserve to comment any further ....
            Wow. That's a pretty bold statement. I don't count myself among the people who think McFadden is the second coming of Jesus Christ (or even Purple Jesus), but telling those who do that they can't comment anymore is pretty rough. Is the flip-side true -- if McFadden turns into a star, you will not comment any further? I hope not, because I value your comments, even though I sometimes don't agree with you.

Sincerely yours,

"Noob on the message board"

BTW, here are links to May****'s draft rankings for 2008 and 2006, in which he seems to have as many hits and as many misses as most other analysts:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story;jsess...o&confirm=true

http://www.titansonline.com/news/tit...php?PRKey=3692

I couldn't find other years, but if someone has them, I'd be interested in seeing them.
            Last edited by Lab; 02-12-2008, 12:41 PM.

Comment

That's pretty pretentious of Scott to write that... who cares? Making predictions is one of the reasons sports are so fun.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Yeah but he claims to run the best draft website in the world...if he is putting this cliche crap out I don't buy it and I think that is fradulent.

Comment

Mayock props here

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...-draft-boards/

Comment

Scott does have some of his own opinions (Limas Sweed as a top-15 pick).

Comment

Sweed isn't a top 15 pick in his mock. :|

Comment

He had been #11.

Comment

McFadden will go in the top 20, but I would never trade up for him, and I would never trade up for a running back either. You can get decent RBs in the mid-late rounds IMO. Much better chance of scoring with a running back late on that any other position IMO.

BTW did anyone watch Total Access?

Mike Mayock's QB rankings and where he thinks they will go:

1) Matt Ryan - Top 5
                          2) Chad Henne - Late 1st/Early 2nd
                          3) Brian Brohm - Late 1st/Early 2nd
                          4) Joe Flacco - 2nd/3rd round
                          5) Andre Woodson - 2nd/3rd Round

Comment

Yeah I saw that...Woodson is going to end up being such a steal. I am sorry but I can't believe Mayock is so high on Henne...his game tapes I have watched shows me minimal leadership on the football field in terms of making plays...doesn't have that much confidence in his game and it shows.

Don't get me wrong, he has all the tools (except mobility which is an overrated quality) but when all is said and done playing the quarterback position is about intangibles and mastering the West Coast offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Yeah I saw that...Woodson is going to end up being such a steal. I am sorry but I can't believe Mayock is so high on Henne...his game tapes I have watched shows me minimal leadership on the football field in terms of making plays...doesn't have that much confidence in his game and it shows.

Don't get me wrong, he has all the tools (except mobility which is an overrated quality) but when all is said and done playing the quarterback position is about intangibles and mastering the West Coast offense.
                              ummmm WRONG.

when all is said and done, playing the quarterback position is all about being named BRETT FAVRE BRETT FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE BRETT FAVRE BRETT BRETT FAVRE OH MY GOD BRETT FAVRE FAVRE

Comment

Working...
                              X