Charles Davis on NFL Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Davis on NFL Network

Possibly the dumbest 'draft expert' I've ever come across. So far here is his team draft selections for the first round....

NFC East

Cowboys - Early Doucet and Brandon Albert
    Giants - Dan Connor
    Redskins - Aqib Talib
    Eagles - Keith Rivers

NFC North

Packers - Malcolm Kelly
    Vikings - Dan Connor
    Lions - Rashard Mendenhall
    Bears - Ryan Clady

Now looking at this picks only the Doucet and Clady picks are good picks to me. The Cowboys do not need a guard in the 1st round. The Redskins already have Fred Smoot, Shaun Springs and Carlos Rogers. Takeo Spikes had a good season at OLB for the Eagles and they badly need receiving playmakers. Connor has been projected by most to play inside in the Pros. Antonio Pierce has that sewn up on the Giants.

Malcolm Kelly to the Packers, never happening. Dan Connor to the Vikings is flat out dumb as well. Mendenhall would help the Lions but they need secondary help and an offensive line much more. Clady is a decent enough pick.

How that guy gets paid to do such **** analysis is beyond me.
    Last edited by giantsfanmike; 02-12-2008, 10:09 PM.

I knew he has been really bad for a very long time...go back and replay the Sugar Bowl to see how stupid he is talkign about how great Hawaii is when they were getting obliterated.

He just doesn't know how to talk about football. He loves talking about **** off the field and imo is an elite sideline reporter (that's not an insult). It's a shame he gets in the booth.

I like Clady to the Bears because they can still go QB in round 2 or 3, but the rest of those picks are absolutely horrible.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I wonder who he will pick for BUF with Connor, Kelly and Rivers gone.
      I bet CB uh.

Comment

so.... Connor goes to both the Giants AND Vikings? Are divisions having their own drafts? LOL

Davis used to annoy me a lot, something about the rhythm of his speech... but I don't think he is so bad... hey we all know that come draft day, we're all lucky if we get 10 picks right in round 1.
        NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

lol that's pretty funny I didn't notice that.

Fact of the matter is I don't know how Davis got this job. He didn't have any pro career and his football knowledge just isn't there. I think he is only talking on tv for other reasons.

Comment

hmmmm.... you may be right....
            NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Sorry Xavier Adibi to the Giants. A bit of a reach IMO and probably more suited to a cover 2.

Comment

I don't think it's supposed to really be a mock he is just naming prospect he thinks the certain team will be interested in the most. I was watching it and when he said " I Think Frazier is campaining for..." I thought he was going to say another Defensive End. Instead he say a Thumper and he says take Dan Connor and plug him in the middle. With that he just lost any ounce of credibility I was willing to give him EJ Henderson was a Pro Bowl Alternate why would they take a LB to replace him after such a great year.

Comment

davis reminds me of adam corrola with his 2x4's for teeth. "go VOLS!!" shut up, douche.

Comment

HAHAHA! I love watching this guy, he kills me. NFC West
                    SF Curtis Lofton (no way!)
                    SEA Jonathan Stewart (I kinda like this one)
                    ARI Jeff Otah (no way, ARI have to be thinking defense)
                    STL Chris Long (ok, if MIA don't take him)

Comment

LOL He called Curits Lofton a "bookend"...how can you be a bookend at inside linebacker? He doesn't even understand the meaning of his words. This isn't rocket science. There are 6 year olds that know what the word "bookend" means when talking about a defensive end

Rush Limbaugh is a better football analyst than Charles Davis. I'm not kidding.

Remember when Davis was talking about the "great quarterbacking tradition at Michigan"

And then Mayock said. "John Navarre...we've got some heave feed there. And don't forget about Drew Henson."

Mike "Draft-Mancrush" Mayock

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                        HAHAHA! I love watching this guy, he kills me. NFC West
                        SF Curtis Lofton (no way!)

Early Doucet? Manningham? Avery? Anybody besides a F***** LB?

SEA Jonathan Stewart (I kinda like this one)

It's in my mock draft, so I can't criticize it.

ARI Jeff Otah (no way, ARI have to be thinking defense)

CB? DE? RB? Damn this guy is an idiot.

STL Chris Long (ok, if MIA don't take him)
                        Good pick if MIA doesn't take him.
                        -

Comment

Most of the mocks I've seen have Dan Connor going to the Giants. Hopefully he doesn't end up as a SLB.
                          "I love me some me!"

Comment

Bills Manningham at 11!
                            HAHAHAHA
                            "You need someone dependible cathcing the football"
                            WTF isn't he the Mich WR that dropped every other ball!
                            "The Bills still looking for the next EMo(Eric Moulds).....defense stretcher"
                            HAHAHA he is calling EMo a D stretcher.

Why the **** don't they fire this guy! Only reaon he has a job is cuz he's black imo. It has to be, he sucks.
                            Last edited by bills_red; 02-18-2008, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Giants would like speed guys more .... I think Highsmith and Henderson are better fits for their defense especially Henderson.

Comment

Working...
                              X