Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article absolutely grills Sean Salisbury and Peter King

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...t&lid=tab1pos1

Intersting article. I hope you guys write my predictions in stone next year.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

This is one of the worst articles I've ever read. He should have included some good predictions those people made. No one's perfect... I'm sure this Easterbrook fellow has been wrong on more than one occasion
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

He does this article every year.
      Jacksonville Jaguars GM

2008 WalterFootball.com Mock Draft Selections:

Round 1, (26) Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
      Round 2, (58) Roy Schuening,G, Oregon State
      Round 3, (71) Eddie Royal, WR/KR, Virginia Tech
      Round 3, (89) Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
      Round 4, (125) Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
      Round 5, (147) Tommy Blake, DE, TCU
      Round 5, (158) Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
      Round 5, (159) Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

Comment

Unless you're going to talk about your own failed predictions you can just shut your mouth as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

I enjoyed this. Well I enjoy pretty much all TMQ articles. One of my favorites to read on ESPN.

1) Easterbrook doesn't do predictions in his column. He talks about crazy plays and gives statical analysis most of the time. He also loves astronomy and bashing the Patriots in every article.

2) Its nice to see an article printed that will humble these sportswriters who's predictions are so far off at the end of the year that it should require them to wipe the egg of their faces.

3) I also agree that he should have included some of the writers whose picks were relatively accurate. THat would have made for a better article.
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Bashes the Patriots? Nevermind, this guy is ok in my book.

Comment

I Knew All Along -- I Just Forgot to Say So No. 2: "JaMarcus Russell will start right away" for Oakland on opening day, ESPN's Salisbury foresaw as the first selection of the NFL draft was announced. Russell started only the season finale. When Miami went on the clock, Salisbury proclaimed he was "certain" Brady Quinn would be the Dolphins' choice. The day before the NFL draft, Peter King of Sports Illustrated predicted the Browns would select Quinn with the No. 3 pick. The day of the draft, when Cleveland and Miami passed on Quinn, King protested, "I don't understand how the Dolphins" could choose anyone else "when there's a strong quarterback prospect, Brady Quinn, sitting there." A few days after the draft, King wrote an article warmly lauding Cleveland management for trading for an extra first-round choice and using the selection to draft Quinn. Then a week later, King wrote that it was obvious all along Quinn should not go high in the draft: "There was JaMarcus Russell and then there was the field. Brady Quinn was a lot closer to John Beck, Drew Stanton or Kevin Kolb [all second-round choices] than he was to Russell."

What a hypocrite

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                Unless you're going to talk about your own failed predictions you can just shut your mouth as far as I'm concerned.
                Category 3: Bad TMQ Predictions: "My annual generic Super Bowl prediction -- that the team goin' to Disney World would be a team that did not appear on "Monday Night Football" -- honked again. Early in the decade, this generic prediction scored twice, making me seem like a genius; increasingly, that appears no more than a fluke. My generic final score prediction -- Home Team 20, Visiting Team 17 -- also honked. Although this is the most common final score combination in NFL play, it occurred only twice in 2007.

My preseason predictions? "Baltimore should be a power team again in 2007." TMQ foresaw that "the Browns will have no running game." (Cleveland finished 10th in rushing.) I predicted Jacksonville would "desperately regret" not drafting Brady Quinn. (David Garrard had a terrific season at quarterback.) I predicted David Carr would become a star again at quarterback for Carolina; Carr was benched. And I predicted the Giants would have offensive line problems; the Giants' offensive line outplayed the Patriots' offensive line in the Super Bowl."

There ya go NNC

Comment

I must have skimmed over that part. Kudos to him then... I dunno about that David Carr statement though. Bold prediction lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X