• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire's 2008 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 2/13

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008matt.php

Shocking No. 8 pick.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Not a huge shock, I was considering Harvey for BAL in my last mock update. I'm still not as high on Merling as everyone else.

Comment

Matt Ryan at 14 is something I like (b/c it matches my mock). Why does MIN go QB with their now gaping hole at DE? Devin Thomas for the niners? Devin Thomas? Ever heard of Doucet, Donnie Avery, etc?

Comment

Matt, I'm curious as to why you think the Giants lack talented DTs. They arguably have the best D-line in football. Even if Strahan retires, I think they will move Kiwanuka back to DE and keep Tuck as a pass rushing DT. Alford (the guy who sacked Brady at the end of the game) is also a good and young pass rushing DT. Cofield and Robbins are loads in the middle who do a good job against the run. I can see them drafting for depth here, especially if Strahan retires, but I really don't see how you can mention a "lack of talent" as a reason for a DT first round pick.
        NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

DE round 1 = don't like
          round 2 LB = good pick
          round 3 RB = don't like
          round 3 Rucker = don't like him at all, he can't block worth a ****

Comment

steelers mock not a fan of
            rd 1: ok
            rd 2: bad
            rd 3: horrible

Comment

should have done this
              1. Carl Nicks, T, Nebraska
              2. Patrick Lee, CB, Auburn
              3. Simeon Castille, FS, Alabama
              4. Jacob Hester, FB, LSU
              5. JoLonn Dunbar, LB, Boston College
              6. Jeremy Zuttah, T/G, Rutgers
              7. Lorne Sam, WR/QB, UTEP
              this is the best steelers mock!!!!!!
              Last edited by bulldog0123; 02-13-2008, 04:27 PM.

Comment

The thing with the Ravens pick is that they might be switching to a 4-3.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                  DE round 1 = don't like
                  round 2 LB = good pick
                  round 3 RB = don't like
                  round 3 Rucker = don't like him at all, he can't block worth a ****
                  Neither could Kevin Everett in college.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

lol, in like 5 years he might be able to block a CB and that's it

also KE85 wasn't that good.

Comment

So all these Bills fans want Jacob Tamme but not Martin Rucker?

Talk about bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        The thing with the Ravens pick is that they might be switching to a 4-3.
                        "Might be" doesn't mean **** because it isn't in stone yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          So all these Bills fans want Jacob Tamme but not Martin Rucker?
                          Talk about bias.
                          idk

Comment

Woodson 17? Not going to argue, but you know how I feel about that.

I like the Baker pick to the Texans (I made it in our forum mock) but with Kenny Phillips on the board will they still make it? Texans O-line did pretty well last season (22 sacks 6th best in the NFL) but their secondary was pretty lousy (25 against the pass). Dunta Robinson will miss at least half the year so they'll really need help in the secondary.

Not a fan of the Steelers draft.
                            The Steelers really have no depth behind Ben Roethlisberger.
                            I think Charlie Batch is one of the best backup QBs in the NFL (aside from Kurt Warner who you also don't seem to like)

The offense didn't miss out as much as you think without Willie Parker either. Davenport came in strong for 167 yards and 2 touchdowns against the Rams (then ran behind backups only 12 times against the Ravens, but still scored a touchdown) Don't hate it, but not really a fan of the Johnson pick while we have holes in the OL still despite our first round pick.

Joe Flacco to the Seahawks?
                            What makes you think Matt Hasselbeck will retire? He's in his prime putting up career numbers and he's the same age as Peyton and Brady. Also he didn't start until halfway into his third year... I think he has lots of football left to play. Besides that, the Seahawks have Seneca Wallace and just traded to Charlie Frye. You think they want 4 QBs on the roster for a few years? Also, fear of a career threatening injury is no reason to draft a quarterback.

The Giants draft a RB in round 2? I don't think so, but who knows.

Comment

seriously when ben went down the other year charlie filled in great. Plus I would rather have jacob hester at FB to block for parker and to fill in when parker gets injured.

Comment

Working...
                              X