Longest email ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longest email ever?

Hey I dont mean to insult you but there are several things in the mock that make no sense at all. The first one is the 11th overall pick, Phillip Merling is not worth the 11th overall pick. Second you have Derrick Harvey going to Baltimore at 8 this pick makes no sense either, There number 1 need is a QB then a reciever, havent they been drafting defense for the 8 years in a row. I know that they are getting old, but I would be shocked, if they passed on Matt Ryan, which in your mock you have him going to Chicago at 14. I personally think the lowest he drops is 8. I think that Miami, and Atlanta will give strong consideration to taking him, number 1 would be to high but 3rd or 4th sounda about right. 8th sounds about the lowest. Next you have Johnathan Stewart at 16th over Rashard Mendenhall. No way, Rashard Mendenhall is hands down they second best running back in the draft, and besides I dont think that the cardinals need to draft a running back in this draft, I think they need something more like CB, or LB. They franchised Dansby, but more than likey will lose there other LB due to free agency. Andre Woodson, to Minnesota, not going to happen, I dont even think that Woodson will go in the first round, Brohm is a better prospect that him, hell Joe Flacco is a better prospect than him, he holds the ball way too long. More than likey Minnesota will go WR, CB, or with the recent news about Kenechi Udeze have leukemia, they might Draft some like Phillip Merling or even Calasis Campbell who would not be reach at this point. Why would the Redskins draft cromartie with Kenny Phillips still on the board that makes no sense. They lost Sean Taylor, with the best safety on the board I think that honor him and select and player from the U, instead of Cromartie. That is for the first round the second round you have Ali highsmith going over Dan Conner, Umm didnt he win the best LB in college award last year, why would Ali Highsmith go over Conner, I can see Rivers because of his Senior Bowl performance, but Conner is so versitale, he can play any other of the LB positions. Just a side note if Conner was still available in the Second, the Bills will trade up to reunite Poz, and Conner. Dont think that this will be possible because Conner is first round talent. Next Reggie Smith over Aquib Talib not going to happen. First of all I have a hard time seeing him in second round period, but Cromartie, and Smith go over him, that is laughable, In the third round, I have ocjections to Antoine Cason, and Lawerence Jackson still being on the board, both could go in the first, more likely the second, certainly not the third, before the Senior Bowl Cason was regarded as a sure fire first round talent, and some still is, but the third come on, with the recent big pay days of Nate clements, and Champ Bailey, team have found it more challenging to be able to provide depth at CB given the recent price tags, now Assante Samuel might be the next to stockpile in the cash. So just given his talent I saw he is off the board by the second. Lawerence Jackson's stock has slippped buy I certainly think that his talent will be recoginzied by the second round. The Bills third round pick also is very interesting since it is not a need at all, Ray Rice very good college back, but do the Bills need a change of pace back, no they already have one in Fred Jacson, so this pick more than likely would go to a need like Steve Justice, and I like the pick with Rucker, but what about a WR. That seems to me like the biggest issue, incase you are unaware the Bills scored a franchise low 20 TD's last year. Also Phillip Wheeler has the talent to be in second round but some of these players are bound to slip, but I think that you have way too many people slipping, and a lot of players as reaches. Email me back if possible maybe you can give an explaination as to why these players go here, I am not trying to criticize you but a lot of these moves come as shockers to me since many of them are not needs for many of the teams.

Boldness equals funniness.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

headach

Comment

I have noticed this int eh past, but what is up with that sig billsred?

Comment

80% of the time Mock Drafts get me frustrated/mad/pissed, 80% of the the you make me frustrated/mad/pissed

Comment

I think the Bold is mostly right

Comment

I think your expectations for any mock are horrible to be honest. You need to realize how wide open the staretgy teams have entering the draft. They know what they want to do and have so many ways they know they can acquire talent that fits their team.

Also, no such thing as a "perfect" mock draft. Just go with teh flow. Who gives a ****? It is FAKE...hence the word "mock". It isn't real. It shouldn't piss you off.

Comment

Here is my rebuttle:

I truly appreciate you looking the bulk of my mock instead of being a homer and just your favorite team...trust me I hate that.

I mean if we are just being honest here, if someone gave you last year's first round in a mock draft you'd probably laugh at that too. Just call a spade a spade, there is NO such thing as a perfect mock draft. I love your criticism, because if I don't have it then I never get challenged.

1. I love Phillip Merling. Been high on him ever since I studied Gaines Adams tape last year and noticed Merling. Mike Mayock has him at #9 overall on his big board and Mel Kiper #14. So I'm not alone on this...just you.

2. Since when did NFL teams automatically take QB in the first round even if it is their #1 need? Lions passed on Brady Quinn in 1, took Stanton in 2. Miami passed on Brady Quinn, took Beck in round 2. Jets passed on Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler in round 1 and loved Kellen Clemens, took him in round 2.

Fact of the matter is you don't take the "consensus" best QB in the draft (and Ryan isn't the 100% consensus best guy)...you take the QB that best fits your offensive system....based on what Cam Cameron showed me in loving John Beck I think they look for a QB that is an accurate, polished precision passer. Ryan struggles with accuracy but Baltimore still may take him it all boils down to how much Cam's say has in this matter. You think Ryan doesn't fall below 8? What happened to "Brady Quinn won't fall past Miami"? Look, fact of the matter is I CALLED that Quinn would fall lower in round 1 than people thought(predicted to Jacksonville at #17).

3. I'm not going to argue with you about Mendenhall, he is one hell of a back. He and Stewart might as well be 2a and 2b for me right now. It is tough to say who will Arizona take of these two because no one knows who they like yet.

4. Great job of listening to all the ESPN analyditiots (McShay, Kiper). I do my own projections based on what I study on film. I don't listen to what other people say. I'm confident in my eye for talent and I think if Vince Young can throw for 55% Woodson can definatley throw for 63% in the NFL (slightly above average).

5. Since when was Udeze a big time player? He is below average and I was never really impressed with him. The Vikings still have Ray Edwards and Brian Robison. It's not like the cupboard is bare, but it isn't like the cupboard has high quality talent either.

6. Kenny Phillips is not a top 10 pick. Period. He isn't a "can't miss prospect" but still a talented one. I overrated him in the beginning, went back and put on the tape of Miami vs. Florida state and I came away very disappointed. Just doesn't play as aggressive or fast as I want him to. Lacks ball skills. Plus, there is more than one ****ing round in the draft. Redskins can still find one in round 2-4. (remember Tanard Jackson?)

7. Since when did NFL scouts give a **** about college awards? Ever heard of Greg Eslinger? He'll never start in this league yet he won the top center award. Ali Highsmith is much much much faster than Dan Conner. You just don't realize how good Highsmith is. Put in any LSU tape and he shows up time and time again. Conner is a good prospect, but he has stiff hips.

8. Get back to me when Aqib Talib runs a 4.55+ at the combine.

9. Cason and LJ in round 1? lol. I guess just agree to disagree.

10. Fred Jackson? lolz His only good games were against Washington, Miami, and New York Giants (pre-Week 17). None of those teams are that talented vs. the run. It's not like this never happens. Look at what Jacksonville did drafting MJD when they had Fred Taylor. Cincinnati did it last year with Kenny Irons in round 2 when they had Rudi Johnson, Chris Perry, and Kenny Watson.

Comment

Yea those were the only games he statred (75% sure), and they draft Wright R4 last year.
                Also how did that work for CIN?

Comment

Well Irons got injured so we can't really pass judgement on that pick other than that I think they had more pressing needs and could have found a scat back later in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Well Irons got injured so we can't really pass judgement on that pick other than that I think they had more pressing needs and could have found a scat back later in the draft.
                    Same thing with BUF in R3.
                    RB = not a need

Comment

I have only one comment.....Matt, am I right in assuming you copied a private message from br and put it on here to discuss publicly? If so, bad form imo buddy.

If my assumption is correct, I can see why br's sig went to Bold. If I send a PM or and email to someone I would hope that they would extend the courtesy of privacy in a response.

Comment

This wasn't from BR this was an emailer from someone that saw my mock draft on the site. I'm not going to say what his address is.

The sig went bold before I posted this also.

Comment

yea cuz I took out all the other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                            This wasn't from BR this was an emailer from someone that saw my mock draft on the site. I'm not going to say what his address is.

The sig went bold before I posted this also.
                            OK, but please note my opinion on PM's or emails, especially if I send you one.

Comment

The email is anonymous. I didn't attach whoever sent it to me because I think it would be wrong.

I do think the length of this email is quite ridiculous. Did this mother****er ever hear of an indention (paragraph) before?

Comment

Working...
                              X