Bucs made right move not trading up for Calvin Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    As for needs, the Bucs have a need at defensive end! A pretty big one! And not just at defenisve line; they need a play-maker. Simeon Rice got injured and he's old. Tampa Bay will once again finish in the bottom 10 in sakcs and in the cellar of the NFL, because they can't generate a pass rush.
    Point taken, but they have other good defenders. The Bucs have nothing else on offense, unless you want to consider an aging Joey Galloway.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

? I don't understand why you mention the eagles. I don't think Kevin Kolb would have sold nearly as many jerseys as a Dwayne Jarrett.

Also, I don't think the Eagles are worried about a problem selling tickets. Neitehr are the Bucs, or any team really in the NFL for tha tmatter. Teams are more concerned with advertisements and corporate sponsors which generate much more money for a franchise than ticket sales.

Also, If I was wrong, then the Texans would have taken VY #1 overall to sell tickets. They want to win, and if you win you will sell tickets no matter who you put on the field.
      Are you kidding me? When Kolb starts, he'll sell 50x the amount of jerseys Jarrett will sell. Quarterbacks are cash cows.

The Eagles have time and again proven that they value profit over winning. While they're always in contention, they have always shown that they're not willing to do the necessary things to take the next step.

The Texans are idiots. Plain and simple.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Another example, I don't think Joe Thomas is gonna exactly sell a lot of tickets. If they wanted to sell tickets than Adrian Peterson or Brady Quinn woulda been the pick at 3.
        Well, like you said, producing winners will sell tickets. The Browns thought Thomas would make them better.

You make it sound like I said teams don't care about winning. I never said that. They definitely do care about winning.

This is what I'm saying, and I'll use Caps lock to emphasize:

TEAMS CARE ABOUT WINNING, BUT MAKING MONEY HAS, AND ALWAYS WILL, COME FIRST.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
          Point taken, but they have other good defenders. The Bucs have nothing else on offense, unless you want to consider an aging Joey Galloway.
          ? What other defenders do they have Walter?

Derrick Brooks is done. He is very slow now and he can't cover.

Ronde Barber imo is one of the more overrated corners in the NFL.

The only young, talented players on the Bucs defense that aren't rookies are Barrett Ruud, Kevin Carter, and Cato June. The addition to Gaines Adams on this defense along with Sabby Piscitelli and Aaron Sears on the OL is much more than Calvin Johnson could ever do.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Maurice Stovall
            Davin Joseph
            Jeremy Trueblood
            Alex Smith
            Cadillac Williams
            Jeff Garcia
            Luke Petitgout.

They all say hi, Walter.

Comment

The Texans are idiots. Plain and simple.
              When someone that predicts 11 of the first 15 NFL Draft picks and predicts Brady Quinn falls out of the first 16 picks, then you'd better listen to that person.

Drafting Mario Williams was pure genius on Houston's part.

You're not going to outscore the Colts. You're gonna have to defend them.

It is rare to have a dominating Right Defensive End in football that can play both the run and the pass.

Quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. Same for runningbacks.

Mario Williams is a freak athlete and he had much higher upside than anyone in the draft. Even VY.

Comment

Well, like you said, producing winners will sell tickets. The Browns thought Thomas would make them better.

You make it sound like I said teams don't care about winning. I never said that. They definitely do care about winning.

This is what I'm saying, and I'll use Caps lock to emphasize:

How is the Joe Thomas pick any different than the Mario Williams pick then Walter? Please elaborate.

...producing winners will sell tickets. "The Texans thought Williams would make them better."

?????????????????????????????/

Comment

? What other defenders do they have Walter?
                  OK, I can buy that.

Just think CJ will be a better pro than Gaines Adams, but that statement is indefensible.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Maurice Stovall
                    Davin Joseph
                    Jeremy Trueblood
                    Alex Smith
                    Cadillac Williams
                    Jeff Garcia
                    Luke Petitgout.

They all say hi, Walter.
                    I'm not talking about linemen. Talking about skill-position players.

Alex Smith - hasn't done anything
                    Cadillac Williams - great as a rookie, hadn't done anything since
                    Jeff Garca is old
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

How is the Joe Thomas pick any different than the Mario Williams pick then Walter? Please elaborate.

...producing winners will sell tickets. "The Texans thought Williams would make them better."

?????????????????????????????/
                      Might as well copy-paste

2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

You still don't explain how the Joe Thomas and Mario Williams picks are different though.

Comment

I'm not talking about linemen. Talking about skill-position players.

Alex Smith - hasn't done anything
                          Cadillac Williams - great as a rookie, hadn't done anything since
                          Jeff Garca is old
                          Smith and Williams haven't done anything because of two things imo:

1) Jon Gruden has ruined their careers, just like Michael Clayton's and Chris Simms'.

2) The OL has been crap, and drafting Aaron Sears fills a huge need on the line.

My friend that watched the SEA/TB game said that the OL looked great in run blocking, and he blames Gruden for being too "pass happy."

Said Williams should have gotten 100 yards before the injury forced him out of the game.

Comment

How has Gruden ruined their careers?
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

How has Gruden ruined their careers?
                              Gruden doesn't have faith in younger players. He never has. He didn't Oakland and he didn't when he first came to Tampa.

He never had confidence in Simms for no reason.
                              He ran Cadillac too much his rookie season which lead to his injury. Didn't run Pittman enough that year.
                              Didn't run Caddy enough imo vs. Seattle, which lead to the loss. Granted, Caddy got injured, but it is the principal of the matter.

Gruden hasn't called enough plays for Michael Clayton since his rookie year. He then benches Maurice Stovall vs. Seattle for no ****ing reason.

It is safe to say the guy is crazy.

Nearly every rookie has gotten worse since they have been here under Gruden on the offensive side of the ball outside of Davin Joseph and Jeremy Trueblood.

Comment

LOL can't argue with that. I can't believe Ike Hilliard is your No. 2 receiver.

Maybe that's why Gaines Adams didn't play that much?
                                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                                X