Clear All

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    I agree with Cam this time.

Leave a comment:

• Cam Cameron
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    I'm sorry, but what good is Miami doing cutting it's players? Shop them for draft picks. Someone would give up something for Anthony Alabi, LJ Shelton, Holliday, Booker, etc. Even if they are 5th or 6th round draft picks, better than nothing.

Can someone please rationalize this for me? I just don't get it.
    We don't know that they weren't shopped around for draft picks. Booker was shopped around in the past and there were no legitimate takers. Really, though, I don't know why any team would be willing to give up a draft pick for any of those players. Dozens and dozens of players are cut by NFL teams every year, while very few are traded. There's little reason to give up a draft pick for a player when you know you have a shot of acquiring him or someone like him via waiver wire or free agency - at a cheaper price, too. Why give up a draft pick and pay Booker a ridiculous salary when you can keep the draft pick and sign him for significantly less money.

He basically was begging for a job in an interview with the Sun-Sentinel (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,4617696.story). He said, "But, being unemployed, I'm willing to go wherever. If the right situation comes up, I'm on it. ... At this point, I just want a job."

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    I'm sorry, but what good is Miami doing cutting it's players? Shop them for draft picks. Someone would give up something for Anthony Alabi, LJ Shelton, Holliday, Booker, etc. Even if they are 5th or 6th round draft picks, better than nothing.

I guess they think no one will trade for them. I think Alabi was the only one people like, as evidenced by the fact that he signed with KC.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    I think even with his age he is a great LB and would have tried to work out a new contract of some sort if he was willing to take a pay-cut. No Patriots please haha

Leave a comment:

• Cam Cameron
    replied
    Cut his salary to what? League minimum? The Dolphins made a difficult but correct move.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    They should have at least tried to cut his salary before cutting him. He can mentor the other LBs.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    OMG!11!!!!!!!11!!1!!1!!
    oh yeah. THE aj hawk. i said his name.

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    http://walterfootball.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2479

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
    zach thomas was aj hawk's idol. just fyi.
    OMG!11!!!!!!!11!!1!!1!!

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    zach thomas was aj hawk's idol. just fyi.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    started a topic Zach Thomas relesed by Dolphins

Zach Thomas relesed by Dolphins

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...start_comments

Not a shocker...won't be one when he signs with the Patriots.
Working...
X