A Feature You'd Be Interested In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Feature You'd Be Interested In?

Stats Inc contacted me and wants to partner up.

They say they can produce a section on the site like this:

http://hosted.stats.com/

Would you guys be interested in that? Do you think others would?

The only concern here for me is cost.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Meh...I can google to find stats. I think what people want at Walter Football isn't stats but:

From Walter: Humor, solid analysis, entertainment, lots of quality material.
    From Me: Detailed draft analysis, an innovative opinion, lots of quality material.

I just don't see the upside in it....could you explain that to me?

Pretty baller that STATS Inc. contacted you.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I agree with Matt. Stats can be found through googling (or why not just go to nfl.com). The thing that sets WF apart from the rest of the sites is a lot of good and witty written material.
      Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

I couldn't hurt to have a stats section. I guess the question would be whether the partnership would bring enough people to this site to justify the cost.

Comment

Can you try to work out a deal with them or something that allows them to put that section on your site for like a month for free (like a trial version), and you see if traffic goes up enough because of it to justify cost?

If they are cool at STATS Inc and let you do that then I say go for it, you would have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

I'm new here, but I dig things pretty much the way they are.

Comment

I don' think they're needed. There's already NFL.com, ESPN, Fox Sports, etc for that type of thing. Although it's awesome Stats Inc. contacted you.

Comment

Walter, how do people find out how popular your site is? Is there like a registry or something for sports sites? Where does your rank and how many hits do we average a month total would you say?
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  Walter, how do people find out how popular your site is? Is there like a registry or something for sports sites? Where does your rank and how many hits do we average a month total would you say?
                  There are plenty of sites that do rankings, like Alexa or Quantacast.

Comment

i like the way it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                      i like the way it is now.
                      I think this is a good time to understand something... what Walter gives us with this site is great entertainment, but it is also his livelyhood. Any decision that he makes has to satisfy both ends.

Walter can get advertising dollars, if I understand everything correctly, by the number of people that visit his site. If this partnership can achieve that, while still providing us the same entertainment enjoyment, then it is a win-win for everybody.

If we all choose not to use the STATS.com link, but others come from there to see this site, what downside is there to that?

Comment

Matt,

You can go to alexa.com, type in any site and it'll tell you where it ranks compared to others. I don't always trust Alexa (like my ranking will go down on a high-traffic day or vice-versa), but it's the best thing out there.

Animal,

The downside to this Stats thing is the cost. And it's a huge cost. Think $2,000 a month and $2,000 set-up cost.
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Oh and this site is going to get about 3.2 million page views this month.
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                            Matt,

Animal,

The downside to this Stats thing is the cost. And it's a huge cost. Think $2,000 a month and $2,000 set-up cost.

Wow, that's a lot of money. I understand your dilemma.

Comment

Walter, what did you think of my idea?
                              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Working...
                              X