How Many Mocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Mocks?

How many Mock Draft type scenarios do you think the NFL Execs go through to try to determine who will be availible for them by the time they choose?

Not meaning they actually do Mocks but something like that to try to determine possible players for the position in adition to their Draft Boards. I'm sure every draft head man does something out of the ordinary at some point so don't dismiss the possibilities.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

I think they do a lot. You have to remember these people are paid to scout the draft.

Comment

I know. Think, we are trying to get it right doing 2 or 3. They probobly do 20 or 30 with every scenario possible.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I'm in a 32 team dynasty league and I find myself going through various scenarios trying to see who might be available to me. Ofcourse this might be a little easier since we don't draft offensive linemen or punters.
        "I love me some me!"

Comment

Matt Millen did a horrible job in 2005 when Mike Williams fell and in every mock they went through they didn't have him falling and they weren't prepared for the situation.

It depends on where you are in the draft. You need to look at the possibilty of every player falling and what you would do if he fell to you. This is why NFL teams scout EVERY PROSPECT.

Then in round 1 they have ten minutes to discuss their exact scenario, and until they pick in round 1 the whole time I am sure they are discussing what they are going to do with the pick if what they projected does not happen. Teams must be prepared for every player falling to them because they can't afford to not be prepared.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Well duh Matt. Of course they need to scout every prospect and be prepared. Then to the Matt Millen thing is the Lions screwing up...again. Can't argue that.

Man, I was looking for you to give me the closest estimate and maybe an insite to what some execs do. D*mn. You are the formost expert on analysis and finding out what others can't (Id love to find your sources) so I figured you just didn't want to tell me *sniff*

Then too I'm sure there are some young people that will read that and not know so I not going to debate the answer.

Comment

I don't have Matt's expertise, but I have seen and read many things about this subject. I don't think that there is one answer, but consider this.....

If a team is picking at say #10, they need to figure out 9 different scenarios representing everything that happens before them. Then, depending on who they are targeting, they need to analyze every possible trade opportunity, moving up or down to get the most value for their pick.

Further down the list, more mock scenarios.

What I would consider to be absolute heaven would to be able to be a "fly on the wall" to hear all the arguing and negotiating that goes on the the war room leading up to each pick.....each coach and scout wanting to pick their favorite player, listening to the discussions with other teams about possible trades, etc.

Comment

There are sooooooooo many scenario's(unless your picking in top 5) it's impossible to throw a number out there but teams try to explore them all.

Comment

You are asking the wrong person...only people who I'd ask are former/current front office people or Mike Mayock.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                  X