No announcement yet.

A humerous e-mail I just got from an angry person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Crabtree is very realistic at #1, but I don't think any player in the 2009 elligible class is very realistic at #1 either (other than Michael Oher).

I mean the range is so wide open there and runningback just isn't a position a #1 pick must be adamently spent on when you consider how runningback-plentiful the league is in this era and even how talented the 2008 class is.

Chris Wells and Knowshon Moreno might end up being the #1 pick, but because of the money an NFL team would have to pay them and the injury risks, and you don't have to spend a #1 pick on a RB to have a productive offense, I just don't see the overall logic in making that kind of investment in Wells or Moreno.

That's why I love Michael Oher so much. I think when all is said and done we are going to look at him as a top 2 all-time tackle prospect (behind Orlando Pace...or on par with him).

I just love his size, ultimate athletic ability, every part of his body frame (huge hands, long arms, thick lower body...PROTOTYPE)...it just screams elite prospect.

He must follow it up with a solid season and improve on last year. I think it will happen though & Houston Nutt is a pretty good OL teacher.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      I don't think Crabtree is very realistic at #1, but I don't think any player in the 2009 elligible class is very realistic at #1 either (other than Michael Oher).

I mean the range is so wide open there and runningback just isn't a position a #1 pick must be adamently spent on when you consider how runningback-plentiful the league is in this era and even how talented the 2008 class is.

Chris Wells and Knowshon Moreno might end up being the #1 pick, but because of the money an NFL team would have to pay them and the injury risks, and you don't have to spend a #1 pick on a RB to have a productive offense, I just don't see the overall logic in making that kind of investment in Wells or Moreno.

That's why I love Michael Oher so much. I think when all is said and done we are going to look at him as a top 2 all-time tackle prospect (behind Orlando Pace...or on par with him).

I just love his size, ultimate athletic ability, every part of his body frame (huge hands, long arms, thick lower body...PROTOTYPE)...it just screams elite prospect.

He must follow it up with a solid season and improve on last year. I think it will happen though & Houston Nutt is a pretty good OL teacher.
      Matt that whole sentence just sounds completely wrong in soooo many ways. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
        LOL...

I love how he knows more about football than me yet doesn't recognize that Crabtree was a redshirt freshman. Ooops.

And I never said I was a football expert or anything... I have no idea why he went off on such a tirade. Must have been angry about something in his life and unleashed it on me.

I've always found it odd how people love to hate on others, cursing them off and calling them idiots at every opportunity. When I make fun of Emmitt, I do it in jest and to get people to laugh. I don't send him malicious e-mails or anything.
        I don't know that has always confused me. I guess at the time this particular guy just felt so good about himself since he was so much smarter than the guy with a football website. That he wanted to demonstrate his "superiority" over you by insulting you and rubbing it in.

Either that or he is a guy that has read some of the things on the site and never liked what you have had to say. So when he found something he could legitimatly call you out on(atleast what he thought) he wanted to make the best of the oppurtunity.
        Last edited by Vikings_All_Day28; 02-17-2008, 03:36 AM.

Comment

I'm preparing myself to get shelled by fans if their team doesn't take a player in my mock who I once had them taking.

It's just part of the biz of putting a mock out there and predicting the future when it is SO-uncertain. I accept it for what it is even if I am not the biggest supporter of fans feeling so dead on about their teams' draft plans. It's the wrong way to think, but hey if I don't have anyone to read my mock...(circular logic).

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings_All_Day28 View Post
            Matt that whole sentence just sounds completely wrong in soooo many ways. Lol
            Maybe it sounds wrong, but the Raiders didn't consider it and everyone thought Gallery was a can't miss prospect despite his short arms, thin lower body, and mis-analyzed athletic ability.

It might sound wrong but hey it's how teams think. Orlando Pace is the prototype for left tackle. You look at every reason why he is so successful and you look for the next Orlando Pace.

The majority of "The Blind Side" by Michael Lewis is surrounded by the theory that Michael Oher is destined to be the next Orlando Pace. The other part is the evolution of the blind side in the NFL and the other other part is Oher's biography.

I learned a lot from that book (most of which I already new, but I like to read something different) about the history of the NFL and more about a prototypical left tackle and what one is supposed to look like physically.

Comment

My guess is that some one will emerge (a la Chris Long) and end up being the top pick. However, of the favorites (Tebow, Crabtree, Wells, etc.), I would have to go with Oher. That said I could also see Tebow going #1 (don't kill me Matt). As Matt pointed out, there are tons of good RBs in the league today, and I don't think teams want to spend #1 pick money on a WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                I'm preparing myself to get shelled by fans if their team doesn't take a player in my mock who I once had them taking.

It's just part of the biz of putting a mock out there and predicting the future when it is SO-uncertain. I accept it for what it is even if I am not the biggest supporter of fans feeling so dead on about their teams' draft plans. It's the wrong way to think, but hey if I don't have anyone to read my mock...(circular logic).
                I think it is all about being a public person. The more popular and respected your opinions will get the more criticism you are going to get. It comes with the territory.

You don't see Mel Kiper, Todd McShay et al even mention the criticism they get. Get used to it, maybe even embrace it.

Comment

Matt what did you think of Mike Williams when he came out and was draft by Buffalo? I can't remember back that long, lol, I was only 11ish.

Comment

Animal's right - people love to hate on those in the limelight. The more public you are, the more criticism you'll receive.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Oh and for what it's worth, the conclusion of the Michael Crabtree e-mail:

Patrick Button wrote:

Walter, redshirt freshman or not. you can not enter the draft until after you're junior year, he will still be a sophomore next year. Do you remember Mike Williams? USC wide receiver who attempted to enter the draft after his sophomore season. yeah thats what i thought, well look at this site that proves his draft class is 2011, which means he would be eligible for the 2010 draft after his junior year. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=74055

My Response:

Patrick,

It's not about whether you're a junior or not. The NFL rule states that you cannot enter the draft until three years after your high school graduation. So for Crabtree (and Knowshown Moreno), that's their redshirt years, their freshman years and sophomore years.

Because you gave me a link to NFL Draft Scout, I'll give you one as well to prove that Crabtree is eligible. You know Jermichael Finley, the tight end from Texas? He declared for the 2008 NFL Draft as a redshirt sophomore. The proof is here:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=57217

Hope that clears up matters,

Walt
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

No better way to answer an idiot than with indisputible facts.

Comment

what a jerk. Seriously what a piece of ****

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                            Matt what did you think of Mike Williams when he came out and was draft by Buffalo? I can't remember back that long, lol, I was only 11ish.
                            I wasn't a hardcore draftnik back then. Sorry. I made my first mock draft when I was 13, and man was it horrible. I was such a homer too lol I had the Titans taking Derek Abney in round 1!!!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by Matt McGuire; 02-17-2008, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I don't expect every casual draftnik to know everything about the draft, as I have no problem answering any question no matter how dumb it is. I wish he just didn't attack you like that....that's psycho.

Comment

I like this one. There's nothing like a rant when you are flat wrong.

For interests sake Walter, could you dig out an old 2008 mock (say from about 1 year ago) so I can ridicule your number one selection? Jokes aside, I would be very interested to see who you had in the first round and how it compares with a season of play/injuries etc. I'm guessing DRC wasn't in there...

Comment

Working...
                                X