Combine Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine Predictions

With the combine only 3 days away ::gasp::, who do you think will do well? Who do you think will have a bad day?

Dre Moore will look bad (ie man boobs) but he is a great player and someone will get great value in the 3rd.
    Donnie Avery will run under a 4.39
    Adarius Bowman and James Hardy will run over a 4.60

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
      Dre Moore will look bad (ie man boobs) but he is a great player and someone will get great value in the 3rd.

I think Moore has some good potential. He does need to cut some of that fat, though.

Donnie Avery will run under a 4.39

For sure

Adarius Bowman and James Hardy will run over a 4.60

Ehh, I don't think so. Maybe Bowman. Limas Sweed will run at least a 4.5.
      -

Comment

I've always believed that the combine has it's useful purpose, but is often times overrated. Specific skills such as 40 yards dash times, vertical leap, etc, does not always translate to how well they will play.

When someone's stock rises dramatically during the combine, it raises more questions than answers about the entire scouting process to me.

Comment

I put my combine sleepers out there...which I see based on pure speed in game film:

Allen Patrick RB Oklahoma and Steve Johnson WR Kentucky

Patrick just has a Chris Henry about him that I think he could turn some heads with a 4.35 40.

Johnson is between 6'2 and 6'3 and I just LOVE his overall game. I hope he looks natural in receiving drills as he did last season...also has excellent ball skills.

His speed in the open field for a guy his size just makes him the prototypical possession receiver in the west coast offense. He gets maximum YAC imo without having Calvin Johnson type speed (because that is rare and **** and I don't have unrealistic expectations).

I'm just saying I loved Steve Johnson last year so much because in his overall game (blocking, route running, hands, CLUTCH PLAYS, yards after catch, CONSISTENCY), if I were to rate him compared to his other college football comrades I would probably rate him top 3 in the country.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Well animal you bring up a very good point.

I look at the combine same way I look at any other game (especially big individual matchups). It is just one piece of the pie. Now every piece of the pie is important, but it doesn't make up the whole pie.

Measurements aren't important, but if a player doesn't measure up to his game film, then I question two things:

1. Did I overrated his speed/strength/agility?
            2. Is this kid not a hard worker aka not working his butt off in the gym in the most important part of his career?

I think #2 says a lot about the prospect. Laziness doesn't impress NFL coaches.

Comment

Jack Williams (Kent State) ran a 4.29 at his pro day last year IIRC. Maybe he can duplicate that in Indy

Comment

I'm surprised Brian Witherspoon didn't get an invite. He would have tore up the combine.

Comment

My combine prediction:

I will weigh more than Colt Brennan. I'm currently about 192 and am keeping that up with a steady diet of Hot Cross buns in the pre-Easter festivities.

Comment

I got my money on jimmyp>colt brennan any day of the week. I

Comment

I say the combine will make many people raise their stock, many more drop theirs, and help some people go in Round 1.
                      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                        I say the combine will make many people raise their stock, many more drop theirs, and help some people go in Round 1.
                        lol that happens every year

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                          thank you, captain obvious. lol seriously is there a more vanilla response? lol
                          i also think that matt mcguire likes andre woodson better than colt brennan.

Comment

Oy. I just go writing about Colt in another thread. I wish Woodson was at the All Star Challenge. That would have let us see more of him in drills. Colt was very accurate but also showed a few problems. Showed he could only throw the ball 20 yards in the air before it died.
                            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

My second combine prediction:

I can throw a football further than Colt Brennan. Can anyone else see him as Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite in about 15 years?

Uncle Rico: Back in '82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.
                              Kip: Are you serious?
                              Uncle Rico: I'm dead serious.

Comment

Working...
                              X