• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quarterback Kellen Clemens NYJ

Sep. 13, 2007
    CBSSports.com staff and wire reports

Walter,

any change in your pick for this game?

Chad Pennington's ankle injury will prevent him from starting for the New York Jets against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday, according to a story in Newsday.

As per usual Jets policy, no official announcement is expected to be made, but a person close to the situation said Wednesday night that backup quarterback Kellen Clemens will direct the offense.

"The goal is to ready on Sunday," Pennington said. "The goal is not to be ready today or yesterday or tomorrow. That's always the ultimate goal because that's when the whistle blows and the kickoff happens."

Not surprisingly, Clemens was also vague regarding the Jets' plans for the Ravens.

"Even if I did know, I probably couldn't share it with my mother," he said.

Pennington still has a noticeable limp and was limited in Wednesday's practice. He was out there -- with his ankle heavily taped -- watching Clemens and Marques Tuiasosopo run drills.

No, my pick was based on Pennington not playing.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

What do we know of Kellen Clemens Watler?

I mean, I loved the idea of Jets passing up on Leinart in teh draft and going OL OL with Ferguson and Mangold in Round 1, then going franchise QB in round 2.

That said, can Kellen Clemens play even "good"?
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

We have no idea... Clemens has looked good in the preseason, but that may not mean much.

I do, however, know that I wouldn't want a rookie QB making his first start against Baltimore's defense.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Clemens look pretty good. I don't put Pennington on too high of a pedestal so I think the Jets won't lose to much at the QB spot. Who knows he could turn out to be their new franchise QB
          Check out my new site Today!
          Live 4 The Story

Comment

He could be good in the future, but as for his first game on the road vs. an angry Ravens defense... Not sure I like his chances
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

The Jets just don't look any good this year. Sad to see my boy Thomas Jones struggling I was expecting him to be a monster this year
              Check out my new site Today!
              Live 4 The Story

Comment

I think the Jets can rebound. They were clobbered by the Patriots (as were the Chargers), and they almost took down the Ravens on the road with a rookie QB. They're going to obliterate Miami this week.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                X