Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...shocking statement from Mel Kiper

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insid...mel&id=3242565

Question:This time next year, which rookie do you think will have had the biggest impact in 2008?

Kiper: A running back, for the simple fact that it's the easiest position in which to transition from college to the pros. The backs who come to mind are Darren McFadden, Jonathan Stewart, Felix Jones and Rashard Mendenhall.

Man the consensus top 4 runningbacks in this class...I just have no idea how Kiper can out on such a limb with this stuff...heavy material make sure you link this in your Favorites.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Jake Long could, kind of like Joe Thomas last year... Maybe Gholston/Harvey/Campbell/Merling... Those RBs definitely possible.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Oh yeah but I was just talking about from a RB standpoint he was not going out on a limb at all. Personally I think Tashard Choice is one of the most NFL ready backs in this draft.

As far as immediate contributions I really like Dan Connor, Curtis Lofton, Ali Highsmith, Chilo Rachal, Roy Schuening, John Carlson, Early Doucet, and J.D. Booty.

Comment

Booty? Really? Rookie QBs seldom do anything special.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Yeah I know but he is the most NFL ready QB in this class...at least I think so.

Comment

Will he get a chance to play though... I think that's the question. Depends where he goes of course.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Why does he have to go out on a limb if he believes the obvious answer is the right one? ... Plus, I don't think you are his target audience, Matt. You obviously spend a ton of time preparing for the draft. The average sports fan doesn't, and probably can't, manage to spend the time we all spend on this site making mock drafts, discussing the draft and getting to know the ins and outs of all draft prospects. What might sound simple and obvious to you is probably not simple and obvious to an average ESPN TV viewer or dotcom reader.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam Cameron View Post
                Why does he have to go out on a limb if he believes the obvious answer is the right one? ... Plus, I don't think you are his target audience, Matt. You obviously spend a ton of time preparing for the draft. The average sports fan doesn't, and probably can't, manage to spend the time we all spend on this site making mock drafts, discussing the draft and getting to know the ins and outs of all draft prospects. What might sound simple and obvious to you is probably not simple and obvious to an average ESPN TV viewer or dotcom reader.
                Agreed. Sometimes the simple and obvious story is the correct one to write.

Now, saying Booty and Scheuning will make immediate impacts, that's going out on a limb. Booty because he would be a rookie QB (nuff said) and Scheuning because he's a guard.......it may happen but who would ever know?

Comment

Well I mean I think it is the wrong answer because you should say the 4 most pro-ready runningbacks and not hte 4 best...there is a difference. I mean sometimes who come know NFL Draft guru (other than Mayock) isn't afraid to call out runningbacks for being future busts.

Trust me when I say that as a draftnik that is the hardest thing to do is predict busts. They happen and you want to think everyone will be awesome in the NFL, but what seperates one draftnik from another is being able to point out the busts.

It also depends on what OLs and teams they play for so I think it was a very premature question for Mel to ask. (and yes he answers his own questions...to me it is obvious anyways)

Comment

Many people thought Reggie Bush would be a bust, and they were right. It's not impossible, but it's very hard. For some reason, I think Quentin Groves will be a bust.

Comment

there's a question for the next Q&A Matt,

Who in your mind, will be a bust in this draft class?
                      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Good question. Another one, what do you think will end up happening regarding Derek Anderson?

Comment

I say Stewart and Mendenhall will make immediate impact. Ray Rice may not be a star right away but he will produce in some way for the team that drafts him. Mike Hart is a Dark Horse for me after seeing him at the All Pro Challenge. I am curious to see how he does in the Pros.
                          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I already said in my 1st Q/A that I thought of all the first round projections that Calais Campbell was most likely to bust and I gave reasons why.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                              Good question. Another one, what do you think will end up happening regarding Derek Anderson?
                              That's an important queston...guaranteed to be in my next Q&A

Comment

Working...
                              X