Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 2/18

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

Love it or hate it, huge shocker No. 2 overall.

People called me crazy when I first placed this guy in the Top 6... so I'm expecting more of that, haha
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Did I call you crazy for giving the Jets Gholston a long time ago or am I just imagining things? (forgot)

You are basing this on the Rams switching to a 3-4 and if they do then Gholston could be the pick there (him or Jake Long).

I mean they haven't come out and said this so we have no clue, but I like that you are ahead of the game. It is why I haven't given the Steelers ANY front 7 players on defense because I have no idea what Tomlin wants to do in the future.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Walter tomorrow I am going to send you an updated first round mock...no 2nd or 3rd rounds just something you can put up quickly as my last pre-combine 2008 mock of the year.

Comment

Matt, the Rams ran a hybrid 3-4 in 2007. It's not like they never ran it before and are thinking of switching to it. It's part of their defense. And I think they need a DE more than a DT. So, I'm not basing it solely on the 3-4 - I believe Gholston is going to have an amazing Combine.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Walter he is supposed to have an amazing combine. If he runs a 4.55 then that doesn't help or hurt his stock since he is supposed to have amazing quickness and he does on film.

4.48 then that's different.

Are you sure they ran a hybrid last year? I never saw it.

Comment

Yes they definitely did...

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/65737/
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I'm sorry Waltler but did you just say Antoine CAson is an elite corner? So you'd give him 5 stars?

Comment

Damn...that changes my Dorsey to the Rams pick.

EDIT: or maybe it doesn't
                Last edited by Matt McGuire; 02-18-2008, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Poor choice of words. He's No. 4 IMO though (or 5 if you want to count Reggie Smith as a CB).
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Wow I love that Branden Albert-Chargers pick.

Comment

I'm lovin Gholston @ #2.... nice mock Walter.
                      NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Glenn Dorsey: Glenn Dorsey is more of an under tackle than a nose tackle, so I didn't consider him much of an option until Feb. 15. On that day, Rod Coleman was cut, leaving nothing but Jonathan Babineaux at the position. The Falcons can't go into the 2008 season with the former Iowa Hawkeye as a starter. Dorsey, once the consensus No. 1 overall pick in most 2008 mocks, will go here.
                        completely disagree here. John Babineaux was starting over Coleman when Coleman was healthy during this past season and was likely to start over him under Mike Smith anyway. the reason why Coleman was cut was becasuse Babineaux is the Under Tackle for us. we need a good nose which is why Sedrick Ellis is the pick here.

Founder of ScarDraft
                        Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Sigh, another good mock. Why can't you make a sucky mock for once? Seriously, I love Balmer to SF as well as Collins. Eddie Royal is a good pick, but picking him in the 4th round would've been better. Crable is a good pick in the 4th. All in all, great SF draft.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                            Sigh, another good mock. Why can't you make a sucky mock for once? Seriously, I love Balmer to SF as well as Collins. Eddie Royal is a good pick, but picking him in the 4th round would've been better. Crable is a good pick in the 4th. All in all, great SF draft.
                            It is annoying with people that do things well. It makes the things we normal humans do seem so futile...
                            Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Ok, I've just remembered another draft variable that I've heard about over the years. The agent.

Is it true that some teams will determine their pick based on who represents them so they have a better chance of signing them to a fair contract and getting them in camp on time? Walt and Matt, do you consider this at all?

Comment

Working...
                              X