An Emmitt Sourpuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Emmitt Sourpuss

I've gotten nothing but positive feedback from my Emmitt Anthology.

That changed this morning when I received the following e-mail:

Walter,
    I truly doubt that Emmitt made all the comments you related. Probably not even 1/2 the comments? If so, why didn't you put down the time and place he made these colorful remarks? Emmitt may not articulate well, but neither did Dizzy Dean or Dandy Don Meredith, two of the most beloved announcers in Sports broadcasting history. Emmitt is a great person and is well known in the Dallas area for his charity work and for being a nice guy. Your tongue in cheek hatchet job was really classless.
    Coy Prather
    Canton, TX.

My Response:

Coy,

Thanks for checking out my site and sending me an e-mail.

I'm sorry to say this because you're an Emmitt fan, but he really did say every single one of those quotes. I made it my mission to wake up early on Sunday morning (I live on the East Coast) to be able to check out all of Sunday NFL Countdown (that's where he said 90 percent of his quotes). I wrote them all down and featured three of them in my weekly picks. I had a blast doing it because it was funny and my readers enjoyed it. In fact, you're the first person to ever respond negatively to my Emmitt Anthology.

I'm a big fan of Emmitt's as well - I'm just having some fun. I enjoy listening to what Emmitt has to say, and as I prefaced in the anthology, I hope ESPN brings him back. He's just way too entertaining to let go.

Once again, thanks for the e-mail, and I'm sorry you didn't appreciate the humor of TV analyst who has absolutely no command of the English language,

Walt
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Booo, stupid Coy.

Comment

Emmitt is a great guy, and I like him as a person and a player.... but it's obvious he can't speak english and it's funny. He gets paid to be on TV and we pay for TV to laugh at him and anyone else we want to.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
        Emmitt is a great guy, and I like him as a person and a player.... but it's obvious he can't speak english and it's funny. He gets paid to be on TV and we pay for TV to laugh at him and anyone else we want to.
        this is quite possibly the wisest statement i've ever heard in my life. yOu should be leader of the world, NNC.

Comment

I'd love to see a football talk show with Lou Holtz and Emmitt Smith.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

lol.

Comment

I should do an Emmitt Mock Draft
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                this is quite possibly the wisest statement i've ever heard in my life. yOu should be leader of the world, NNC.
                I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Lol at the Emmitt mock though.

Comment

I need an Emmitt mock soon. I'm dying here.

Comment

Dude, that was posted yesterday..... breeeeathhe. Now relax, the Emmitt mock will come.

Comment

Working...
                    X