Anderson To Sign Extention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson To Sign Extention

Quarterback Derek Anderson is expected to sign a 3 Year extension before becoming a Restricted Free Agent on February 29th according to the Cleveland Planes Dealer. This would upset a few teams that may have hoped to get a QB that could lead their team back to respectability or get them over the hump.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

I know the fad on the internet is now to say DA will be a one hit wonder. They see as much game film on him as I do which is none. I just know by other quarterbacks how hard it is to produce the way he did, so I agree with signing him. I’ve seen quarterbacks suck with good receivers too so it’s not just that. I of course could be wrong, but again it’s hard to get that lucky playing quarterback in the NFL.

Comment

Horrible move. Looks like they are stuck with Brady Quinn and paying him for nothing and not going to get a first round pick+ back for that pick.

It has to do with improving the overall roster in trading Anderson.

Plus, he threw the CIN game. Walter and I remember the shady line movement and if we are putting the blame strictly on someone for CLE missing the playoffs it is easily DA having that horrible game against Cincinnati. Horrible.

CLE should have been in the playoffs but everyone stops talking about t his. It isn't like you have to be some great QB in Cleveland's offense...look at what talent they have to work with.

I would personally tender DA for a round 1 draft pick, not a 1st and 3rd. Some teams that need a QB would easily give up their 1st round pick for Cleveland...but hey if Baltimore wants to give up their #8 overall pick Cleveland could draft a big time football player at that spot. I mean we are talking about an very good draft pick here in the top 17 of the draft (including Minnesota).

Just imgaine what the offense would be like with Jeff Otah at RT or Rashard Mendenhall!!!!!
      Last edited by Matt McGuire; 02-20-2008, 03:38 PM.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I think it is smart to resign Anderson. You know what he can do. And also, Quinn becomes trade bait in a subpar QB draft class.

Tendering Anderson for a first round pick.... draft picks are unknown quantities. We love talking about these guys but anyone could be the next huge bust. Why get rid of something that worked in Anderson?
        NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

As much as Anderson worked out they still missed they playoffs and it was their own fault. They honestly should have won the division.

I agree with Matt here. Tender him for a first round pick to make sure you get something instead of gambling with a 1st and 3rd.

Comment

So maybe Phil Savage can tell me what he plans to do with the QB that he traded away a first round pick to get.
            Carolina Panther's GM

1. #17 - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
            2. #37 - Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
            2. #43 - Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
            3. #74 - John David Booty, QB, USC
            3. #82 - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
            4. #107 - Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Comment

Well Brady Quinn is much better than any QB in this class.

Personally I'd rather have Quinn than Anderson. Just because Anderson looked good this year doesn't mean Quinn can't be better than he is.

I don't know what Cleveland should do here other than get rid of one of them...a situation like Rivers/Brees is horrible. Or Turner/Tomlinson. Turner should have been franchised for a 1st rounder instead of a 1st and 3rd.

They should have traded Brees when they had the chance. Instead they just lost him.

Here is a great idea I just thought of as I was typing this. Trade Anderson to a team like Chicago for their 2009 first and third round picks! I think it is much more reasonable and the 2009 class in the first round looks extremely talented. For the long term it is the best decision imo.

You get rid of Anderson, Quinn gets playing time this year, then in 2009 you have 2 extra picks to play with early on in a very talented draft.
              Last edited by Matt McGuire; 02-20-2008, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Ya, but do you think Chicago would go for that?

Comment

I think it is a smart for both teams to make. Points wise it is equivalent to a 1st round pick this year and Chicago doesn't have to give up a pick until next season...

A team like Atlanta, Carolina, or Miami (but I doubt this would happen).

Comment

Cleveland won 10 games this year with Anderson..... and he only started 15. I still think it is a great move to resign him. Quinn is an unknown quantity. How does anyone know he is not the next Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf?? Anderson is a young QB who had success in his first season as a starter.... Edwards is young, Winslow is young, Jamal Lewis has a year or two left in him.... if they can get some defense they might be able to make a run for the next couple of years.
                    NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

PEOPLE HEAR ME. I have been preaching how average Anderson is for months. I have seen every snap this season. Anyone who thinks Anderson would be a good player for an average or worse offensive team is dilusional. He needs a sh*tload of work.
                      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I think Potter is underrating him a tad bit but I agree he is somewhat overrated.

Comment

He is so inaccurate it isn't funny.

Comment

Yeah I looked up his player card and he threw 57% last year...and people whine about Andre Woodson's inaccuracy. Hypocrits.

Comment

I think DA would make a good backup qb for cleveland. you know, like steve young, earl morrall, matt hasselbeck, derek anderson? ummm...maybe not quite like them but decent.

Comment

Working...
                              X