Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark
    replied
    I've been on Matt's side on the for a while. I mean why give the franchise to Derek Anderson, when you spent a first round pick to get your franchise QB in Brady Quinn? I mean, I know that nobody was expecting Derek Anderson to play as well as he did, but still. You made an investment taking Quinn, and I hate it when teams do not utilize there draft picks, especially early round draft choices. I mean, Brady Quinn could be the next best QB in the NFL, and we would never know because of Derek Anderson.

Now, in defense of Derek Anderson. This is really his first year starting, and as a first year starting, he played very good. He is very young, only 24. He has lots of time to develop into a really good QB. The Browns defense really didn't help him out either. I think Derek will have a pretty good career, if he is not just a one year wonder..

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Well because of an extremely low pass by Anderson Kellen Winslow had to have shoulder surgery. Winslow might play 6 more years and Anserson's passing skills are making his career even shorter.

Leave a comment:

• EL Guapo
    replied
    Quinn looked inaccurate sometimes in college. If Quinn is bad you could set your franchise back five years. That’s more valuable than precious draft picks in my opinion. This is where these football people make their money. Tough decision.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    yup brady did play very well i remember that game

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    When Brady Quinn played in the last game he threw perfect strikes and some were dropped do to the recievers being in shock that they had a perfect pass. No reaching, no leaving themselves open to get hit, nothing like that. Most of Anderson's completions were even inaccurate passes caught by great recievers.

Leave a comment:

• giantsfanmike
    replied
    Man if Anderson went to the Bears he'd get killed. Also their weapons/protection is overall the worst in the league.

I'd like to see him go to an offense with average talent and a lack of deep threats to show him up, and settle the fact hes an average QB playing in a good system.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    I think DA would make a good backup qb for cleveland. you know, like steve young, earl morrall, matt hasselbeck, derek anderson? ummm...maybe not quite like them but decent.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Yeah I looked up his player card and he threw 57% last year...and people whine about Andre Woodson's inaccuracy. Hypocrits.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    He is so inaccurate it isn't funny.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I think Potter is underrating him a tad bit but I agree he is somewhat overrated.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    PEOPLE HEAR ME. I have been preaching how average Anderson is for months. I have seen every snap this season. Anyone who thinks Anderson would be a good player for an average or worse offensive team is dilusional. He needs a sh*tload of work.

Leave a comment:

• yem123
    replied
    Cleveland won 10 games this year with Anderson..... and he only started 15. I still think it is a great move to resign him. Quinn is an unknown quantity. How does anyone know he is not the next Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf?? Anderson is a young QB who had success in his first season as a starter.... Edwards is young, Winslow is young, Jamal Lewis has a year or two left in him.... if they can get some defense they might be able to make a run for the next couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I think it is a smart for both teams to make. Points wise it is equivalent to a 1st round pick this year and Chicago doesn't have to give up a pick until next season...

A team like Atlanta, Carolina, or Miami (but I doubt this would happen).

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Ya, but do you think Chicago would go for that?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Well Brady Quinn is much better than any QB in this class.

Personally I'd rather have Quinn than Anderson. Just because Anderson looked good this year doesn't mean Quinn can't be better than he is.

I don't know what Cleveland should do here other than get rid of one of them...a situation like Rivers/Brees is horrible. Or Turner/Tomlinson. Turner should have been franchised for a 1st rounder instead of a 1st and 3rd.

They should have traded Brees when they had the chance. Instead they just lost him.

Here is a great idea I just thought of as I was typing this. Trade Anderson to a team like Chicago for their 2009 first and third round picks! I think it is much more reasonable and the 2009 class in the first round looks extremely talented. For the long term it is the best decision imo.

You get rid of Anderson, Quinn gets playing time this year, then in 2009 you have 2 extra picks to play with early on in a very talented draft.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 02-20-2008, 08:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X