replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    This mock is garbage.
    What he said!

Leave a comment:

• bulldog0123
    replied
    Originally posted by Warpig View Post
    Yuck...alot of guys I am targeting landing in very undesirable situations. (Talking fantasy football wise)
    - Letroy Guion to the Steelers...3-4 DT's are worthless for the most part.
    casey hampton...worthless?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• candyman82
    replied
    God, this mock sucks

Leave a comment:

• Warpig
    replied
    Yuck...alot of guys I am targeting landing in very undesirable situations. (Talking fantasy football wise)

- Mendenhall to Chicago is ugly unless they build an O-line to run behind as well as get a respectible QB.

- Sweed to the Vikings is a mistake unless they get a solid QB. The Tarvaris Jackson experiment is a joke.

- Keith Rivers to the Cowboys...I don't think he's the playmaking LB needed to accel in a 3-4 defense.

- Letroy Guion to the Steelers...3-4 DT's are worthless for the most part.

- Curtis Lofton (man-love) to the Chargers to be buried in their LB rotation. Another 3-4 defense.

Also surprised to see Dizon go to the Giants. That is different since most have had Dan Connor in that spot. I don't see Dizon going ahead of Connor.

Leave a comment:

• Cam Cameron
    replied
    Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
    walter...you should join our nba forum mock draft
    I'll join your NBA forum mock draft. With my first pick I select ... Timeout. And with my second pick I select ... Foul. Since the last five minutes of every game is foul, timeout, timeout, foul, foul, timeout, foul, I should be in good shape.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    It wasn't like one game great one game bad...it was more like one play good one play bad. He just gets swallowed whole even by TE blockers sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Then we'll disagree because I didn't see his inconsistencies in '06

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Walter, I'm going back to his junior season with his inconsistent tenacity and instincts. Like you said (and I agree with you) maybe we should throw out his senior tapes and go based on his junior year.

As far as same frame I bet groves is measured in at the combine at 6'2 and Harvey at 6'5.

Leave a comment:

• starqb14
    replied
    andy studebaker will be better than either one of them. he's going to be in my next mock. rd. 4. look the dude up on youtube. he's a friggin beast.

you heard it here. more career sacks for studebaker than for groves or harvey.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Inconsistent play because of injuries, Matt. He had foot problems in 2007. Look at his production before last season. Definitely not inconsistent.

Groves and Harvey have the same frame.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I have never ducked your question.

I think Harvey has a better nfl frame than groves and this length helps him out in pursuit and being able to tackle runningbacks on the move. Maybe I'm wrong but groves looks to have short arms.

I think Groves will run a sub 4.55 at the combine (maybe even a 4.45) but this doesn't excuse how inconsistent his play is which really sets off an alarm for me especially as a linebacker. He just disappears at times.

Harvey is a relentless pass rusher and Groves might go higher than he should (2nd round possibly) based on his combine workouts, but I'm just not sold on his character (based on rumors). Also I think of all the DEs in this draft Harvey is the quickest off the snap. And yes we can include your #2 Gholston in that convo. I see a lot of Demarcus Ware in Harvey.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    LOL Matt I've been saying that for months now, and you've kept ducking my question about why Derrick Harvey is a better prospect than Groves, when both are the same size and Groves is much quicker. Groves moved to OLB last year because he was hurt, but other than that, he's been able to get to the QB.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    So Walter do you seriously think Groves is a first round pick? I mean let's just be honest here I really want you to say he is a first round pick if you are so sure on that projection.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Groves was hurt in 2007 so throw that film out the window.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Groves in the first is laughable...a lot is going to come out in the 2008 draft imo about who the best of the best draftniks are.

You can throw Groves' combine out the window. On film he is not that impressive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X