Jake Long: combine stud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Long: combine stud?

Okay so they haven't done the quickness/footwork workouts yet and that is where Joe Thomas stood out.

But word is Long just had immense size where it really mattered (hands/arms). Also put up 37 reps with the longest arms in the draft and that is just absolutely amazing. Usually it is a really big, bulky guy that does this but I'm just blown away.

He hasn't earned that extra half of a star yet to make him an elite pick. I need to see how he checks out athleticically. If he looks close to Joe Thomas last year I will make him a very rare 5 star elite prospect.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I agree this dude is nuts! He didn't look 315 with his shirt off. He has a great body, I don't think he's as good of a prospect as Thomas but he's closer to Thomas than Levi Brown and could be a rookie pro bowler as a rook if hes a RT. I think he could be a great LT also though.
    Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Well he was 6'6 315 we all knew this. See my blog his stock shouldn't go up if you already know something about a guy and he lives up to expectations.

However hands/arms measurements is a lot tougher to judge exactly than height/weight.

Comment

37 reps with those arms though that is insane!
        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

everyone was very impressed by his hand size and arm length.... he will be top 3 for sure
          Check out my new site Today!
          Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
            everyone was very impressed by his hand size and arm length.... he will be top 3 for sure
            I don't think he'll go top 3. He is probably top 3 talent though.
            Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

I'm wondering why that Denver scout was so close and intent on Long's presses. It's not like he has any chance to fall to #12.

Comment

Denver could trade up.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Not again, plus I doubt they have the ammunition.

Comment

Um no.

Comment

Maybe he was just in awe lol

Comment

Meh, jus a thought. Don't matter. Hey Matt, You think Glenn Dorsey will fall in the draft since he is a 4-3 Lineman?
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I think Dorsey is a linemen. Not just limited to the 4-3. However you don't draft nose tackles unless they are fabulously elite this high in the draft.

Rams know what they want defensively and I think they have their system fit the personell and move back to the 4-3 for Dorsey's best fit. Then you move Carriker outside at LDE where he is more natural.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                            Not again, plus I doubt they have the ammunition.
                            What about next years 1st rounder?
                            Walter got PWN3D
                            Rams GM

Picks
                            2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                            33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                            65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                            101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                            137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                            168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                            180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                              Meh, jus a thought. Don't matter. Hey Matt, You think Glenn Dorsey will fall in the draft since he is a 4-3 Lineman?
                              I don't think he is a "4-3" linemen I just don't think you draft nose tackles this high in the draft unless they are jaw dropping and perfect.

Dorsey doesn't fall at the very worst Atlanta takes him at #3.

Comment

Working...
                              X