Great player comparision imo: Darren McFadden and Lawrence Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great player comparision imo: Darren McFadden and Lawrence Phillips

I'm not talking character issues just skill set. Watch the youtube videos I think you will see an extremely similiar player with extremely similiar build (nice upper bodies but thin thighs/legs)

Phillips: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vYAjHA6HalM

McFadden: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XcssslTgHBQ&feature=related
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I can see it. Not a huge standout, but they're somewhat similar

Comment

How are they not similar?

Comment

Phillips is a much more complete back in my opinion. He would run with aggression where McFadden would just run fast. Phillips had much more power than McFadden too. He would also get low and shift in the hole where McFadden sort of runs upright most of the time and then we all know about his dead legs.

I'm not saying they're night and day like I said, "they're somewhat similar." Very similar body types, but I think Phillips was a little more muscular all around, but not too much.

Comment

I think that if McFadden realizes that natural ability won't get him to the top in this lesgue and that he needs to work hard, he can be the best player in this draft. If, and only if, he bulks up and adds some serious power to his lower body, plus he learns to run like an angry goat, he'll reach his ceiling which is huge.
          PATS, HABS and YANKS for life!

Comment

Good points NNC and tony...but tony the concern everyone has is with his character and if he wants to be great....he could go pacman on a team hanging around strip clubs and stuff 24/7.

Yeah I think you are right NNC...remember aren't you older than I am and I'm sure you actually remember watching Phillips play.

That said it is just a highlight tape so it doesn't show the 4 and 5 yard gains that show the grittiness in a runningback.

I am having a hard time coming up with a player comparison though for McFadden. Reggie Bush? I guess that is better than Phillps, which isn't far off still though.

Comment

It's hard to find a specific player for McFadden. Possibly a Phillips/Bush tweener?

Comment

I don't know...the difference between McFadden and Bush is body type. Bush has much thicker legs. Bush is also a better receiver than McFadden.

Comment

Working...
                X