Glenn Dorsey: Stock plus Jets 6th Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Dorsey: Stock plus Jets 6th Pick

Thinking about his stock for my next mock update (Thursday).

I know he's played every game with a knee injury, but what if his knee gets worse? How can a top-5 team live with itself if it drafts him and he plays 1-2 good years before he starts missing extensive time?

With that in mind, I'm not sure if he goes top five anymore. He very well could have a great career, but he's had knee problems for 2 years now. I don't think that's something Atlanta and Oakland can ignore.

What do you guys think about this?

Also, if the Top 5 goes like:

1. Mia - Chris Long
    2. Stl - Vernon Gholston
    3. Atl - Darren McFadden
    4. Oak - Sedrick Ellis/Jake Long
    5. KC - Jake Long/Ryan Clady/Sedrick Ellis
    6. NYJ - ??

What do the Jets do? Interesting position for them. Do they go with:

QB Matt Ryan - Mayock will be calling them about this
    RB Rashard Mendenhall - Great combine
    OT Ryan Clady - Upgrade needed at RT
    DE/OLB Derrick Harvey - Pass rusher needed
    CB Leodis McKelvin - Corner across from Revis

Thoughts?
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

knee jerk walter
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Not a knee jerk, knee problems.

He has knee problems. He didn't just get hurt. Teams are going to look at that and shy away from him. I don't know how you don't see that. Even if he gets medically cleared to play, it's a lingering injury that's been around for 2+ years. I don't think you can draft someone in the top five like that, no matter how talented they are.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

It was one doctor and we are two months away from the draft. Too premature for me to move Dorsey down yet...now if there is a buzz that begins that he does have consensus health issues from all team docs then I'll drop him.

Until then he is still going #2 overall to STL.

Comment

walter, you updated the draft order yet?

Comment

It's not one doctor, and he's not going No. 2 to St. Louis. He doesn't even fit into their defensive scheme.

He's had chronic knee problems. Imagine you're the Rams, Falcons or Raiders. You're considering him, along with 2-3 other prospects of equal talent. Then, you hear Dorsey, who already had bad knees, was rushed to the hospital to perform tests. How do you draft someone like that? You just can't do it.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              walter, you updated the draft order yet?
              In the words of the random guy from Zero Wing, "What you say!"

I'm not sure what you're talking about?
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

But are you going to humor me and speculate what the Jets will do at No. 6?
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

If you think Dorsey falls past KC, then I think he falls to Cincinnati.

I think the Jets take McKelvin. They don't take Ryan, Clady isn't a good RT, I'm not sure about Harvey now that he is up to 271 in 34 schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    If you think Dorsey falls past KC, then I think he falls to Cincinnati.

I think the Jets take McKelvin. They don't take Ryan, Clady isn't a good RT, I'm not sure about Harvey now that he is up to 271 in 34 schemes.
                    Great statements. McKelvin statement is interesting and possible. I'll give all of you a preview of my next mock by saying Dorsey goes outside of the top-5.

Comment

I was deciding between McKelvin and Mendenhall myself.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        I was deciding between McKelvin and Mendenhall myself.
                        Mendenhall at #6? Too much of a reach IMO, even though he had a good combine.

Comment

Do the Jets really wanna pay 1st round $ for another CB 2 years in a row?! I don't think so, not really sure what they do here. Reach for Malcolm Kelly or James Hardy I dunno I could see that for some reason. Or if someone's stock is getting really high they might reach for them. I'm sure they would do something stupid and I'll cut my wrists and post a video of it for you all.
                          Last edited by Vbsiena; 02-25-2008, 11:41 PM.
                          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Mendenhall is a reach, but he had a great combine... I mean, whom else are they going to take if that happens?
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Jets gotta take Matt Ryan if the top 5 goes like that, Kellen Clemens hasn't shown enough to pass on the top QB prospect.

Comment

Working...
                              X