The Angry E-mailer of the Day - Feb. 27 - Anti-Shaun Alexander disdain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Angry E-mailer of the Day - Feb. 27 - Anti-Shaun Alexander disdain

I should start this as a feature on the main site.

Tim Writes:

Hey moron, you do lose all credibility when you make statements like the following garbage...

"By the way, I received an e-mail from a reader named Tyson who had the following to say: "Why is it that you refer to Shaun Alexander as a 'fat slob?' Usually guys who get the Most Valuable Player award aren't fat slobs. You are losing credibility as soon as you make a comment like that. I like the mock draft I just think its funny that you take a quality guy like Shaun Alexander and make comments like that about him."

My response: "Shaun Alexander won't be starting much longer in the NFL. In fact, I doubt he starts for a good team next year. Alexander used to be great. But ever since he got hurt last year, he looks like he's afraid of getting hit. He's slow to hit the hole and goes down way too easily. Unless he really works hard this offseason, he's done."

Tyson agreed with my response. I just decided to post this for anyone else who doesn't like the fact that I think the 2005 MVP secretly stashes puffy Cheetos inside his helmet."

You obviously do not watch a lot of football because if you did you would see that Alexander's numbers declined due to injury and also, and this is the big factor, because the Seahawks failed to re-sign Steve Hutchinson and because Robbie Tobeck retired. You are one of those morons that buys into the nonsense about running backs not being able to produce past the age of 30, which makes you a copy cat. Do you think it's any surprise that the Vikings have had one of the best rushing attacks over the past two seasons? Seems to me that Steve Hutchinson has played in Minnesota for the past two seasons, so it's not coincidence that their rushing game improved immensly while Seattle's went down hill in a hurry.

Alexander's biggest issue besides injury is the fact that his offensive line has lost two key players who were replaced by Chris Spencer a young, inexperienced Center and Rob Simms who is just plain horrible and couldn't run-block to save his life. I don't care if the Seahawks had Barry Sanders in his prime running behind that offensive line, the results wouldn't be much different.

So, before you chalk up Alexander's decline to old age, look at all of the factors and make an educated statement instead of spewing something that some drunk ass moron would say in the stands on Sunday.

I respond:

Tim,

Thanks for checking out my site!

Sorry you disagree with my statements on Shaun Alexander. I agree that Seattle's offensive line took a major setback in the wake of losing Steve Hutchinson - I mention this in the later rounds - but the fact remains that Shaun Alexander is done.

Alexander may be released soon, so apparently I'm not alone in the belief that the former MVP is finished.

Both ProFootballTalk.com and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer are reporting that Alexander could be cut soon. The latter believes this will happen after June 1 if the Seahawks can get a legitimate replacement in Round 1. Here's the link: http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/f...ves/132432.asp

I'm also not sure why you said "you would see that Alexander's numbers declined due to injury" when part of the text you copy-pasted into your e-mail said, "Alexander used to be great. But ever since he got hurt last year, he looks like he's afraid of getting hit."Once again, I'm disappointed you and I differ on this, but hopefully this e-mail cleared up some of your concerns.

Thanks again for the site feedback!

Walt
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

The e-mailer is contradicting himself. First he says that Alexander is a great back, then he says it's all because of the O-line and that anyone can run behind Hutchinson. While the latter is true, Alexander isn't worth much in this league anymore, the stats don't lie.
    PATS, HABS and YANKS for life!

Comment

Agreed, he's pretty much done. He's nothing more than a power, short-yardage back now.
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Is the bold part him paraphrasing in the e-mail? That is the part that is confusing me.
        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

He copy-pasted what I wrote in my mock
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

how about the barry sanders comment. apparently he never watched barry, because if he had he would have realized that the lions' o-line was even Worse than the seahawks this year. barry's ENtire career. that guy was like liquid mercury. just couldn't put your finger on him. the only way to get him was to completely bottle him up. which some teams could do because umm...scott mitchell...rodney peete...andre ware...not exactly threatening you get my drift.
            all hail barry.
            do you think the three greatest RBs of all time will be from NFC North? payton, sanders, peterson?

Comment

So, before you chalk up Alexander's decline to old age, look at all of the factors and make an educated statement instead of spewing something that some drunk ass moron would say in the stands on Sunday.
              Ya that's Walter... always forgetting to look at all the factors before he talks... tsk tsk.
              [/sarcasm]
              For real though Alexander is done. Injury is a valid argument, but the offensive line isn't. In my opinion Morris ran pretty well whenever he was in.

Comment

Hey Walter,

How many emails would you say you receive a day? Also, of those how many are good compared to bad?
                Check out my new site Today!
                Live 4 The Story

Comment

LOL NNC...

Adam, I get about 25 e-mails a day and I answer all of them. Out of the 25, only one usually tends to be bad.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                    how about the barry sanders comment. apparently he never watched barry, because if he had he would have realized that the lions' o-line was even Worse than the seahawks this year. barry's ENtire career. that guy was like liquid mercury. just couldn't put your finger on him. the only way to get him was to completely bottle him up. which some teams could do because umm...scott mitchell...rodney peete...andre ware...not exactly threatening you get my drift.
                    all hail barry.
                    do you think the three greatest RBs of all time will be from NFC North? payton, sanders, peterson?
                    Barry Sanders didn't have or need an offensive line. That's why I say he is the best pure RB of all time.

About your three best, It's WAY too early to include Peterson.

Comment

I don't even think Sanders is top 3 of all time. He was the most flashy and elusive for sure, but by no means the best "pure runner". That award goes to Jim Brown (whom I met in person). He's in my eyes the greatest running back of all time, and the only one to average over 5 yards a carry on his career and over 100 yards a game (that's an amazing mark on a season let alone a career). Lead the league in rushing 8 times... twice as many as any other RB. He made the Pro Bowl literally every season he played. And He obliterated the all time rushing record by over 4,000 yards.

Well Barry could have broke the record too! In his last season.... ya ya, Brown retired before he was 30 so he could have gone on for years.

OJ Simpson, in my opinion, is a better running back than Barry Sanders, but don't get me wrong... I'll watch Barry run anytime.
                      Last edited by NoNonsenseCoach; 02-27-2008, 07:16 PM.

Comment

1.barry sanders
                        2.walter payton
                        3.jim brown
                        4.Emmitt Smith
                        5.LT

Comment

Were is Thurman?

Comment

I wish I got 25 emails a day i only get like 3-5 lol
                            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Some backs can produce past 30, however Cory Dillon and Warrick Dunn, who produced well until age 32 and still doing well but slowing don't come around and the only and I mean ONLY reason they produce is because they keep themselves well build. The Natron Means' and Jarome Bettis' of the world are solid after age 30 if used correctly but Rolly Polly Olly's dont last long after 30 and Alexander looks to be softening quickly.
                              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Working...
                              X