No announcement yet.

The Angry E-mailer of the Day - Feb. 27 - Anti-Shaun Alexander disdain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curtis Martin was a freak of nature ... amazing what he could do with a capable OL and QB
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
      I don't even think Sanders is top 3 of all time. He was the most flashy and elusive for sure, but by no means the best "pure runner". That award goes to Jim Brown (whom I met in person). He's in my eyes the greatest running back of all time, and the only one to average over 5 yards a carry on his career and over 100 yards a game (that's an amazing mark on a season let alone a career). Lead the league in rushing 8 times... twice as many as any other RB. He made the Pro Bowl literally every season he played. And He obliterated the all time rushing record by over 4,000 yards.

Well Barry could have broke the record too! In his last season.... ya ya, Brown retired before he was 30 so he could have gone on for years.

OJ Simpson, in my opinion, is a better running back than Barry Sanders, but don't get me wrong... I'll watch Barry run anytime.

keep in mind, while tremendous and great, jim brown had three HOF linemen blocking for him. That's what puts him at 3, behind payton and sanders. about peterson, i know it's way too early. i just noticed that he's in the damn division just like the other two, and it would be uncanny if the top three were out of the same division. jim brown will be hard to overtake though.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
        Some backs can produce past 30, however Cory Dillon and Warrick Dunn, who produced well until age 32 and still doing well but slowing don't come around and the only and I mean ONLY reason they produce is because they keep themselves well build. The Natron Means' and Jarome Bettis' of the world are solid after age 30 if used correctly but Rolly Polly Olly's dont last long after 30 and Alexander looks to be softening quickly.
        wow. natrone means. haven't heard that guy's name in forever.

Comment

I really think this e-mail posting tactic that goes on here and at some other sites is a poor choice. In my opinion, it really hurts the credibility and professionalism of an otherwise excellent site.

Comment

Well Cam it makes for good discussion many times so deal. We thrive on debating and if an email like this gives that good debate then we be glad to use it.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
              keep in mind, while tremendous and great, jim brown had three HOF linemen blocking for him. That's what puts him at 3, behind payton and sanders. about peterson, i know it's way too early. i just noticed that he's in the damn division just like the other two, and it would be uncanny if the top three were out of the same division. jim brown will be hard to overtake though.
              Watch tape of Jim Brown.... does he really need those lineman? Honestly, no one can tackle that man. Not to mention Jim Brown played on a 12 game schedule for half his career and only a 14 game schedule the other half. Brown never missed a game or practice so assuming he played every game when Sanders retired with 15,200 yards rushing Brown would have had 17,500 yards after just 10 years. Sanders had more runs for negative yards than anyone in the history of the NFL. I could go on, but there is no point because people have a hard on for Barry Sanders because they watched him play. Jim Brown dominated the sport.... Barry Sanders danced on it for a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                Well Cam it makes for good discussion many times so deal. We thrive on debating and if an email like this gives that good debate then we be glad to use it.
                That's so ridiculous that I'm actually embarrassed for you. There are tons of football-related topics that can be debated. Instead of resorting to amateur antics like posting someone's personal e-mail, name, location, etc., why not make a post that includes the topic or point of someone's e-mail? I could see starting a new thread that mentions certain select points or opinions someone made in an e-mail, but it is really Bush League to do what is being done here and is being supported by you. I would be concerned to send anyone here an e-mail because I wouldn't know whether or not someone, and in this case the site's head honcho, is going to post my e-mail, name, location.

Comment

Cam makes a good point. Personally I feel I'm respectful (as is Walter in his response) to the e-mailer even though he'll never see what I wrote. Bottom line, and I'm just speaking for myself here, is I'm just here to have fun and talk intelligent football. That's it. I'm not worried about violating someones moral rights unless the person tells me it honestly bothers them. I rip on people all the time on this forum (Walter included), and I hope they know I'm joking, but if they ever PMed me I'd stop.

If Tim, Offensive Coordinator, finds it necessary to post all of his credentials in his e-mail then I think he needs to be knocked down a peg anyways.

Comment

Cam makes a good point. Personally I feel I'm respectful (as is Walter in his response) to the e-mailer even though he'll never see what I wrote. Bottom line, and I'm just speaking for myself here, is I'm just here to have fun and talk intelligent football. That's it. I'm not worried about violating someones moral rights unless the person tells me it honestly bothers them. I rip on people all the time on this forum (Walter included), and I hope they know I'm joking, but if they ever PMed me I'd stop.

If Tim finds it necessary to post all of his credentials in his e-mail then I think he needs to be knocked down a peg anyways.
                    I mostly agree with this. Tim, Offensive Coordinator, is entitled to his opinion ofcourse. But he could have been a little more (ok, a lot more) professional in his email.

Sadly, and I'm not proud of this, I did get a chuckle out of his email. But I can see how some people might see Walter posting it as somewhat "juvenile".

I guess he, Tim includes his title in his email so you'll know he is an authority on the ways of football. Ha,ha,ha,ha...I played in some of those "semi-pro", "recreational"...whatever you wanna call them indoor/outdoor leagues and most of them are pretty shady tax write-offs with a lot of convicts (we actually had a guy on our team that was on house arrest!). If he takes himself so seriously to include that title in his email....then he's lost all viability with me.
                    "I love me some me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cam Cameron View Post
                      That's so ridiculous that I'm actually embarrassed for you. There are tons of football-related topics that can be debated. Instead of resorting to amateur antics like posting someone's personal e-mail, name, location, etc., why not make a post that includes the topic or point of someone's e-mail? I could see starting a new thread that mentions certain select points or opinions someone made in an e-mail, but it is really Bush League to do what is being done here and is being supported by you. I would be concerned to send anyone here an e-mail because I wouldn't know whether or not someone, and in this case the site's head honcho, is going to post my e-mail, name, location.
                      Well Cam, its like mom always told me before she died "Never put something in ink that you don't want the world to see". Would I do it, no; will I coment on it if it's done and debate what is said without caring who wrote it, hell yes. Not like reporters dont do this constantly if they know the won't get sued. Media does it so condem them. Hell, I dont send emails but if I didnt delete most of my PM's on here I would put every one (some not to flattering) up for debate just because it would make a good one.
                      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam Cameron View Post
                        No need for the big moral speach and insults about posting an e-mail. You said how you felt and and leave at that before you call Walter Bush league and amateur. Let him respond first, he may not have thought it out.

Comment

I don't require a lesson in forum posting from you, but thanks for thinking of me. I'm sure Walter doesn't need you to defend him, either.

Comment

Cam we are being nice, and honestly me being nice is EXTREMELY RARE. Now I am not being nice...shut up or leave. We have myself and Matt to be a**holes on this site and don't want another cramping our space. At least not one that argues with no facts and just a stance that they don't think it is right. Make a point that will help you or shut up.

Comment

Woah, Cam just made a point. He was firm with his stance, as he should be, but he wasn't malicious about it at all nor did he seem to have ill intent. Telling him to shut up or leave is just asinine. He didn't agree, and said so with respect. It's just courtesy to share the same respect if you disagree with his argument.

Comment

Woah, Cam just made a point. He was firm with his stance, as he should be, but he wasn't malicious about it at all nor did he seem to have ill intent. Telling him to shut up or leave is just asinine. He didn't agree, and said so with respect. It's just courtesy to share the same respect if you disagree with his argument.
                                Agreed. It's never good business to tell customers/prospective customers to shut up or leave (even though the forums are free). Who's to say Cam wasn't visiting a lot of the links that advertise on this site (and I'm assuming paying money to Walter for the hits they get). If Cam were to leave, that would, in a sense, be taking money out of Walter's pocket.

Wow. This topic is really starting to tail spin.
                                "I love me some me!"

Comment

Working...
                                X