No announcement yet.

Browns Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is complicated, but I think it has to be. I mean everything business is more complicated than it would seem (aka fine print)
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Williams is solid, but not worth that amount of cash. Hes def going to have to play his A** off because the players surrounding him are going to blow.

Speaking of the Browns D, why did Wimbley have such a sophomore slump? I thought he was a solid candidate for rookie of the year in 06...

Comment

I thought wimbley played well last year.

Comment

Yeah hes solid but his rookie year was sick, i know people watch out for him now bit still going from 11 sacks to 5 is big esoecially considering hes the best player on the D

Comment

This is such a huge deal I just read another article confirming the trade will be announced tomorrow. Huge trade with big implications.

WTF are the Packers going to do with another 2nd round pick though? I mean nearly all of their needs are filled. I really have no idea. Stacked at WR, RB, QB, LB, ... how are they going to spend all 3 picks on need positions?

Should be interesting but they could make a move up to try to get a really good player that falls in the draft.

Comment

Anyone think the Pack would be willing to put A-Rod on the trading block if they stayed at 30 and drafted say Andre Woodson?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Anyone think the Pack would be willing to put A-Rod on the trading block if they stayed at 30 and drafted say Andre Woodson?
                Silly Matt, Woodson will already be taken at 30. They'll have to trade up with their two seconds.

Comment

Interesting trade. I don't see the Brown's making the trade unless they get tender (1st & 3rd) for Anderson, which may happen soon. I would think Williams would play RE in our system and Shaun Smith would move back inside to NT.

Trade sounds good to me. A late second round pick for a proven D-line man, I'll take it if it happens.

Comment

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/02/reports_browns_trade_for_packe.html

My bad, looks like a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder87 View Post
                      Williams is solid, but not worth that amount of cash. Hes def going to have to play his A** off because the players surrounding him are going to blow.

Speaking of the Browns D, why did Wimbley have such a sophomore slump? I thought he was a solid candidate for rookie of the year in 06...
                      Browns Defense isnt as bad as one would think. The safties are one of the best young duos in the NFL. They made some mistakes last year but it was their first full season together. They will be good.
                      The linebackers are a good young group of 6 lead by two veterans. The Browns have the successor to Andre Davis in the middle but no strong side successor which needs to be addressed.
                      The defensive line is a mess. Most of the guys on it last year played with the Norse Gods during their prime with Vikings in the crowd, and with the release it's veteran leader DE Orpheus Roye they will need a productive End or Tackle to replace him, Williams fits the need.

As far as Wimbley goes he is a linebacker meaning he needs the line to take up some of the offensive blockers to be successful. At least one man was on him almost every play. He was lucky to get the sacks he did this year.

The line is improving, the rest is in place. The Browns are not far off.
                      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Corey Williams' six-year contract with the Browns is with $38 million and includes $16.3 million in guarantees.

"It's nearly a million per year less and a whopping $8.25 million in fewer guarantees than the deal Oakland gave Tommy Kelly, which is drawing laughs around the NFL. Wiliams will be the Browns' starting left end this year."
                        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

New reports saying Browns giving up only a 3rd rounder not 2nd, but who knows at this point.

Comment

Really i think this is a good trade for the brownies, but a great trade for the packers. williams just really didn't fit. he wanted money too bad and didn't like having to share playing time, even though he was only productive when he wasn't playing all the time. his technique was sloppy, too, and oftentimes lost discipline in pass rushing, leading to running lanes for the qb.
                            but, he should be a better fit in cleveland and happy now that he has his starting job with no competition and all that money. he just couldn't figure out that having eight guys who could play might be a better philosophy for the team. he's not very smart and can't talk very well. it's kinda funny. thompson will probably do great things with pick 56.

Comment

I'm the new guy

Behind the Hawks I really like the Browns and I'm impressed with their offseason moves. It's obvious they're trying to do everything they can to win now and see how far they can get with DA before they have to decide who they're giving the ball to in a year or two. They're putting all their eggs in one basket now that they've traded for Rogers and Williams and signed Stallworth. They don't have any damn picks left, lol. One thing though they're going to be exciting as hell to watch next year with as much offensive firepower as they're going to have and if they can add somebody as an edge rusher opposite Wimbley to take some pressure off they'll be the team to beat in the north I think.

This of course is if they can keep Rogers under a metric ton during the season.

DAK
                              "I'm coming for you Murdock"

sigpic

Comment

I think the franchise tag on Williams was a smart move by the Pack. Instead of losing him for nothing they now got a second rounder for him. Compare that with Rogers (3rd rnd + Bodden), Stroud (3rd + 5th) and Jenkins (3rd + 5th).
                                Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Working...
                                X