X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluto
    replied
    Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
    Yeah I agree, I'd like to see us pickup someone like Connor or Henderson in the draft. However if Strahan retires then the D could be in a bit of trouble. Secondary sucks, linebacking corpse suspect, pass rush not as potent.

I would have broken the bank to keep Gibril, very underrated, but JR didn't want to break the bank and after the off-season last year I trust he knows what hes doing.

I've heard Derek Ward to Dallas as well.
    I love Connor, and think he can be a huge steal that low in the draft. Best part is, he's a guy right up Belechick's alley, and if they hadn't videotaped the 31st pick away, the Pats would likely snag him if he fell that far. I actually wouldn't mind Strahan retiring. Kiwanuka could slide back to DE, and it would free up some cap room. They need one more good CB, as Madison and McQuarters are nearing the end of the line. Ross will be real good, but he can't do it alone. I don't worry too much about the D, as I have a ton of faith in Spagnuolo, and know that he'll find a way to pressure the QB.

I think they would've been able to re-sign Gibril had Oakland not made him such a ridiculously high offer. I'm sure they never saw that coming, or else they would have Franchised him for sure.

With the emergence of Bradshaw, I figured Ward's days were numbered. I thought he was Restricted, anybody know if the Giants tendered him?

Leave a comment:

• giantsfanmike
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluto View Post
    I still hate Kiwanuka as a LB. I liked what I saw from Wilkerson last year, and agree he should get more playing time. Kawika was a nice, veteran presence on the line, but I wouldn't have given him that kind of dough either. Just think, none of this would be an issue had Ernie Acorsi just drafted DeMeco Ryans, who went one pick after Kiwanuka to Houston, instead of adding to his large collection of pass rushers.
    Yeah I agree, I'd like to see us pickup someone like Connor or Henderson in the draft. However if Strahan retires then the D could be in a bit of trouble. Secondary sucks, linebacking corpse suspect, pass rush not as potent.

I would have broken the bank to keep Gibril, very underrated, but JR didn't want to break the bank and after the off-season last year I trust he knows what hes doing.

I've heard Derek Ward to Dallas as well.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
    If it makes you feel better 49ersfan I hear the 49ers are making a strong push for Isaac Bruce.
    Not surprising. I'll bet someone a dollar they sign him.

Leave a comment:

• Bluto
    replied
    I still hate Kiwanuka as a LB. I liked what I saw from Wilkerson last year, and agree he should get more playing time. Kawika was a nice, veteran presence on the line, but I wouldn't have given him that kind of dough either. Just think, none of this would be an issue had Ernie Acorsi just drafted DeMeco Ryans, who went one pick after Kiwanuka to Houston, instead of adding to his large collection of pass rushers.

Leave a comment:

• giantsfanmike
    replied
    Personally wasn't up for re-signing Mitchell for more than hes worth, would have preferred signing Torbor instead, as he would have been cheaper, but wasn't to be for either. Wilkinson done a decent job whenever he has come in IMO and deserves his chance.

Leave a comment:

• bills_red
    replied
    Originally posted by evans555 View Post
    Reports are 5 yrs. 17 mil....thats prob 25 mil less then Briggs

I like this deal more and more
    wow, good deal imo

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    If it makes you feel better 49ersfan I hear the 49ers are making a strong push for Isaac Bruce.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Nice move. Briggs isn't going to SF (I hope).

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Briggs to The PATS! They get all the good Vets. lol.

Leave a comment:

• evans555
    replied
    Reports are 5 yrs. 17 mil....thats prob 25 mil less then Briggs

I like this deal more and more

Leave a comment:

• EL Guapo
    replied
    Lance Briggs is still out there

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Torbor just signed by Fins.

http://njmg.typepad.com/trueblue/200...-to-dolph.html

Leave a comment:

• Bluto
    replied
    Thanks for the welcome!

I'm still hoping we draft Tom Zbikowski from Notre Dame in the 2nd Round. He's my kind of player.

Leave a comment:

• evans555
    replied
    The Buffalo Bills have reached an agreement with New York Giants free-agent outside linebacker Kawika Mitchell, The Buffalo News has learned.

Meanwhile, former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcus Stroud of the Jacksonville Jaguars is scheduled to visit the Bills today. Stroud is not a free agent but has been given permission from the Jaguars to seek a trade.

Mitchell, 28, is a five-year veteran who started 16 games for the Super Bowl champions last season. He's 6-foot-1 and 253 pounds. He figures to be an immediate upgrade at strong-side linebacker for the Bills' defense.

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/288087.html

Leave a comment:

• EL Guapo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluto View Post
    I guess that means we'll be drafting Dan Connor. Hoefully he's still available.
    Yeah. They still need a another player in the secondary too. We'll sign somebody to help. I don't know how big of a player though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X