Shaun Rogers To Browns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaun Rogers To Browns

Phil Savage better know what the hell he is doing with this. A third round pich for that fat a**. Now if the deal with the Packers goes through he will have NO first day picks.

This could be the biggest Cincinatti Bungle in history if it bites the Browns in the a**!
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

The third round is on the third day now...
    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

But they traded Leigh Bodden. They f*cked this one up.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
        But they traded Leigh Bodden. They f*cked this one up.
        Yeah, I have to say that as a Lions fan, I feel pretty good about this one. We are desperate for a CB, and Bodden is definitely an upgrade, although not All Pro by any means. The 3rd round pick in this deep draft also has possibilities, if Millen can finally make a good pick.

But, if Rogers can finally get his act together, he's back to the Pro Bowl and the Lions look incompetent again.

Comment

I hope the league approves this.

I heard a rumor, again just a rumor, no reliable source was it was the league that rejected the Bengals trade for possible salary cap conflicts.

That said they are getting better value for Rogers, a little lower pick in the third and a starting Corner. The biggest point being the starting corner.

Makes me wonder if Cleveland has a line on trading Derek Anderson for a first and third with someone since they have dealt their first 3 picks.

Comment

I like what CLE is doing. They got a lot better on the D-Line

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
              I like what CLE is doing. They got a lot better on the D-Line
              My biggest question for Cleveland though is how well will Corey Williams do at DE in their 3-4 scheme. Or did they just give up their second and third round picks fro a 2 man DT rotation?

No way can Rogers move out to DE in their scheme, as he will have trouble getting below the 350 mark weight wise.

Comment

Browns are making some moves this offseason. I'm not so sure they're the right ones but only time will tell
                Check out my new site Today!
                Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
                  Browns are making some moves this offseason. I'm not so sure they're the right ones but only time will tell
                  I don't really like the moves so far, but we'll see.

Comment

With the 22nd pick the Browns get a very good young qb in Quinn with a year of experience. In the 2nd they get a starting DE who is great young player. They send there 3rd for a great NT who's a pro bowl talent with motivation issues which I think Crennel if anyone can take care of. That is a best possible draft for the Browns with a less likely bust potential. Great job by the Browns.
                    Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                      With the 22nd pick the Browns get a very good young qb in Quinn with a year of experience. In the 2nd they get a starting DE who is great young player. They send there 3rd for a great NT who's a pro bowl talent with motivation issues which I think Crennel if anyone can take care of. That is a best possible draft for the Browns with a less likely bust potential. Great job by the Browns.
                      Actually, I would tend to agree. What the Browns did was spend a LOT of money on established players, especially if you consider what they paid to keep Derek Anderson, and what they paid to sign Quinn, even at #22. It goes against all of the money reasons why teams make personnel decisions, signing cheap draft picks. I like it.

Now, let's see if it works.

Comment

Good moves by the Browns. They are in a position to win now and picking up two established guys instead of a couple of raw rookies can only help them.

Rogers should improve coming to a winning team and getting out of a setting he was clearly unhappy in.

A front three of Robaire Smith, Rogers and Williams looks pretty decent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                          My biggest question for Cleveland though is how well will Corey Williams do at DE in their 3-4 scheme. Or did they just give up their second and third round picks fro a 2 man DT rotation?

No way can Rogers move out to DE in their scheme, as he will have trouble getting below the 350 mark weight wise.

Question answered, Williams played 2 years in college in a 3-4 scheme, so the shouldn't be much of a problem. Rogers moves to NT and Robair (sp) Smith will be on the other end, with Shaun Smith as backup, not bad I would say.

Comment

By strengthening the D line they weakened the Cornerback position by trading a cover corner that Chad Johnson said he fears more than any cover man in the league when it comes to athletic ability and aggression at the line. That will be tough to replace, they had better get a #1 somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                              By strengthening the D line they weakened the Cornerback position by trading a cover corner that Chad Johnson said he fears more than any cover man in the league when it comes to athletic ability and aggression at the line. That will be tough to replace, they had better get a #1 somehow.
                              Worst of all, they can't draft a new guy until the 4th. Even worse then that, there are no good CBs left in FA.

Comment

Working...
                              X