Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Smith to 49ers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3271999

The San Franciso 49ers and defensive end Justin Smith agreed to a six-year, $45 million contract that included $20 million in guarantees.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Justin Smith is still a good run stuffer. Something the Niners need. Nice deal.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Ehhh, I feel mixed. I guess no Marques Douglas. However, Douglas is just as good and would've cost less money.

Comment

It was a good signing.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not too big on Justin Smith.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
            Yeah, I'm not too big on Justin Smith.
            Same. He was obviously asking for more money then he is worth, and he cannot rush the passer anymore.

Comment

how big is smith? does he have the girth to really eat up double teams consistently? if so, then he doesn't really need to rush the passer. i'm surprised nolan went after him--he didn't coach him in the senior bowl.

Comment

Um since when were 3-4 DEs suppose to rush the passer?

It's not Smith's forte THUS making it a great fit for Smith and the 49ers. It isn't about rushing the passer, that isn't what he gets paid to do.

The Chicago Bulls didn't pay Dennis Rodman to get 25 points a game, they paid him to get 15 rebounds a game. The 49ers aren't paying Justin Smith to get 10 sacks a game. They pay him to stop the run.
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  Um since when were 3-4 DEs suppose to rush the passer?
                  Bryant Young did it for us last year.

Comment

Working...
                  X