Pro Day Performances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Day Performances

Well, it looks like the Miami pro day didn't have a redemption for Kenny Phillips or Calais Campbell, with neither impressing scouts after lackluster combine's.

Tavares Gooden may be on the mend after an injury at the senior bowl. Apparently he ran a 4.53 (including a very fast 1.52 10 yard split) and jumped 39" for his vert. Pending checking out medically he may go in the 2nd, which is where his teammates will likely fall to.

39" vert? I call bull****.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

It was 35 in the combine, I think. I can understand a couple of inches variation day to day, but 4 might be a little hard to swallow. Anyway, he improved his 40 as well, so things like up for Gooden.

Comment

calais campbell to GB at 56?

Comment

more like campbell to gb in the 4th round

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            more like campbell to gb in the 4th round
            No, for the same reason Justin King and Mario Manningham will go too high. Certain front office people (read: Al Davis) go nuts over speed and athleticism, and consequently draft players who have great athleticism way too high.

Comment

Oh yeah an out of shape underachieveing DE than runs a 5.03 just screams elite athlete.

Comment

but he's a SMILEY fat kid, so teams will like him.

Comment

Calais Campbell's gone from top 5 pick in last year's mocks to 2nd/3rd round. I really don't like the idea of taking a player on down spiral.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Oh yeah an out of shape underachieveing DE than runs a 5.03 just screams elite athlete.
                    You have to remember he was called a "freak of nature" and "the most athletic DE I've ever seen" and stuff like that a couple of months ago. Some GMs will be focusing on that instead of his horrible numbers.

Comment

Any chance Kenny Phillips could fall to the Giants?

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                        Any chance Kenny Phillips could fall to the Giants?
                        Maybe. His stock has been dropping.

Comment

Manningham's woeful combine means he'll probably be lucky to get picked in the 3rd round.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
                            Manningham's woeful combine means he'll probably be lucky to get picked in the 3rd round.
                            You would be right if teams picked on talent alone, but teams will probably reach for him.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                              You have to remember he was called a "freak of nature" and "the most athletic DE I've ever seen" and stuff like that a couple of months ago. Some GMs will be focusing on that instead of his horrible numbers.
                              A "freak of nature" should be able to run faster than a 5.0 40 just training with a can of Bud.

As for Kenny Phillips, he might fall to the 2nd (it's looking more and more like he's 2nd round talent) however the fact that the S class is so weak, and that teams are desperate for good safeties, he'll probably get picked in middle of the 1st.

Comment

Working...
                              X