Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I always have to be right? Why??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I always have to be right? Why??????

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Jones dismisses draft pick rumor
    Cowboys owner Jerry Jones says his team has not discussed trying to obtain the No. 1 overall pick from the Dolphins in the 2008 draft, the Palm Beach Post reports.
    "We haven't talked about that at all," Jones said Saturday afternoon at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis. The Cowboys would have to deal with former head coach Bill Parcells, now running the Dolphins, in order to land the pick. Jones, an Arkansas alum, is said to covet Razorbacks running back Darren McFadden.

The Cowboys are the only team with multiple picks in the first round (22nd and 28th overall). Cost might be a factor, as a top overall selection could demand $30 million or more in guarantees.

"That's a high-value, high-cost pick there," Jones said of the No. 1 overall selection. "That, pretty much, when you start looking at the numbers involved with that pick, that kind of diminishes your interest."

Like I said, it was NEVER going to happen.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Ok, Matt pat yourself on the back for going out on a limb and saying what the trade value chart and common sense also told us.

Comment

(matt pats himself on back now)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
        (matt pats himself on back now)

Comment

Yeah but if all that stuff made so much common sense how come no one else was talking about it? i mean all I heard on the message boards and ESPN and websites were that the Cowboys were going to trade up to #1 to get Mcfadden.

I was the only person (and still am) to say how dumb it is to move ahead of the Rams. I mean no one else mentioned why and it leaves me clueless as to why no one said it other than me ... like you said it is common sense but if it is so obvious then more people would be talking about that.

Comment

Just TV talk, that's all. Like Moss to GB, never going to happen, but that won't stop ESPN talking about it.

Comment

Yeah well NFLN (Schefter) was the first to report that. Schefter also shut down MIA-DAL-McFadden talk and insists Chris Long is #1 pick.

I listen to Schefter when he says something so if he is saying Moss-Packers I listen but I think even he said this isn't likely.

Is it TV talk? Yeah. But the TV talk becomes internet talk and people become misinformed...then casual fans read it and THEY become misinformed.

Matt McGuire sets the story straight.

Comment

(Matt pats his back while on soap box)

Comment

Matt, they're making the big bucks but you're right. there's a lesson here.....being right isn't always entertainment, and entertainment is what people pay money for.

It's a cruel world.

Comment

I know being right isn't entertainment aka Skip Bayless/Woody Paige/Charles Davis.

I just think it is bull**** because people want accuracy not to be played with. Or do they want a bunch of crap analysis?

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
                      Matt, they're making the big bucks but you're right. there's a lesson here.....being right isn't always entertainment, and entertainment is what people pay money for.

It's a cruel world.
                      There's a similar thing in medicine. You have doctor's whose treatment is nearly wholly backed up by legitimate scientific research. Hard numbers. Then you have the airy fairy alternative chiropractors and homeopathics that so many people go to because they tell people they can cure back pain.

Analysts will keep saying crap like the Dolphins trade as long as it gets people to watch. The rest of us know that WF.com is where the hard news is at.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        I know being right isn't entertainment aka Skip Bayless/Woody Paige/Charles Davis.

I just think it is bull**** because people want accuracy not to be played with. Or do they want a bunch of crap analysis?
                        take a
                        chill pill

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
                          take a
                          chill pill
                          Is that supposed to be concrete writing?

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                            Is that supposed to be concrete writing?
                            What!?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
                              What!?!?!?!?!?!?
                              Writing where you make the letters look like a shape (a pill, a ball, whatever).

Comment

Working...
                              X